VOOM vs VOOM Surf & Stream

bbowers

Surf is typically 0.5Mbps down and 0.25Mbps up.

Surf and Stream is typically 3.5Mbps down and 2Mbps up.

For simple text messages you wouldn't know the difference.  For sending a picture VIA text it will be very slow with Surf only.  Sending a short video would be impossible with Surf.  

You can do WiFi phone calls over Surf but video calls won't work well if at all.  

Surf and Stream is a better experience overall largely because so many websites have rich multimedia content and/or ads that need bandwidth to load.  Trying to web browse with Surf only will be painfully slow.  Even FB has so many pictures and videos it won't work very well on Surf.

VOOM Surf isn't worth using at all from experience. It was so slow I could barely connect to my office VPN and collect my emails. The Surf and Stream is much better, but have experienced issues with the streaming part in the past.

We have noticed this has gradually got worse as they have rolled out more ships onto the new tech. Although the Quantum maiden we had no internet until half way across the pond because it was out of range of the Satellite at the time, we were told by one of the onboard techs. Obviously now this has been expanded massively.