Promotional OBC

cruisellama

I logged into my cruise planner last week and a banner came up showing I had been granted a $78 on the spot OBC.   Terms stated I just had to spend it that day to keep it.  I found a promotion that fell under the $78 and purchased for my wife (I didn't want to get drawn into paying out of pocket for  another purchase that I didn't need).    Has anyone else experienced this?

54 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

I logged into my cruise planner last week and a banner came up showing I had been granted a $78 on the spot OBC.   Terms stated I just had to spend it that day to keep it.  I found a promotion that fell under the $78 and purchased for my wife (I didn't want to get drawn into paying out of pocket for  another purchase that I didn't need).    Has anyone else experienced this?

This is the first time I've ever heard about this particular situation....where you must spend it immediately.  Very interesting.  I have had spontaneous OBC pop up on cruises (mostly during the shutdown !!) but never a strange amount like that which must be spend immediately.