Explorer is an unamped Mariner?

Pooch

Or close?  We sailed Mariner before the shutdown & felt it was plenty big enough (except for the balcony room!).  I am somewhat concerned that everything will pale after the OS on Harmony!  We don’t need or use the slides/flow rider/sports activities.  What else am I going to miss?

Explorer and Mariner are Voyager class ships.  Also Navigator and Adventure (and Voyager of course).  

Subtle differences.  Mariner and Navigator were the last two built in this class so they have glass balconies while the first three have steel cove style balconies.

Explorer has not yet been amplified so no water slides, no Playmakers, pool deck will be original with minimal kids water area for example.  

Basic layout of all Voyager class is identical.  

Please report back!  We are also in a JS.  Booked this really to get to Diamond (extra point for suite & double points promo) and the lack of suite amenities makes the upgrade to GS seem less attractive.   I think I’m going to follow your route & try for a Royal Up although currently all suites are booked for our date (10/29)

I've recently sailed both adventure and explorer.  I've never been on mariner or voyager.

I like the class of ship. It has everything me and my family need, but I  prefer the slightly larger freedom class vessles.

@pooch, if you don't plan in using all if the bells and whistles, a smaller Radiance or Vision class ships might be a better fit. They are usually cheaper and easier to get around 

Thanks, this time I was looking specifically for an 8 night out of a Florida port so Explorer fit the bill plus an attractive itinerary to the ABCs.  We liked Harmony very much but really a ship that has a good Royal Promenade area, comedy club, a nice Solarium is probably our sweet spot.  The Harmony cruise was originally Rhapsody so the price protection made Harmony a no brainer.  I SERIOUSLY DOUBT I would ever book an OS on her otherwise!