Bottled/canned water

I know some ships (maybe all) are transiting to canned water.

Can someone please tell me if Independence has canned or bottled water? My husband and I leave for Independence in 5 days and if they are canned water, I'll need to bring some tumblers for us (well me mainly). It's something about canned water and not being able to close it back up.

Thanks🙂

Good question, Kayeigh.  I'm wondering if, when they say "Canned", does it mean the "Aluminum" type material.  I know there are some folks, like my father was, that can't put "Aluminum" on his lips.  It caused the nastiest sores on his lips and knowing such things beforehand would, like you, necessitate bring a tumbler or get something while on the ship.  Of course, if you get the drink package, you get a Coca-Cola tumbler in your cabin when you arrive. 

Happy sailing to you/all! 

Thank you!

I'm more concerned about the water being "left open". I'm weird (and extra 😆) when it comes to water. Mainly during the night if I need a drink, I don't have to worry about something floating in there.

I'll most likely bring my tumbler anyways (this time around we aren't buying any drink packages. We are just using our many OBCs)

10 minutes ago, Kayleigh said:

Thank you!

I'm more concerned about the water being "left open". I'm weird (and extra 😆) when it comes to water. Mainly during the night if I need a drink, I don't have to worry about something floating in there.

I'll most likely bring my tumbler anyways (this time around we aren't buying any drink packages. We are just using our many OBCs)

I hear ya.  That's one reason I really like drinking water from bottles, you can close them up as you go along.  Cans - well, if I can't/don't finish whatever is in it, I just throw it away especially carbonated drinks, they go flat and are nasty.  BTW, I don't throw away much beer, imagine that!  🤪🙃😉

This thread make me think of a question.  Cans are what 8 - 12 oz., I remember when we would depart the ship at port(s) of call, they, the crew, would be at the exit/gangplank selling liter/2 liter bottles of water to take with you while in port.  I wonder what they do now? I don't think I want to carry around several "cans" of water OR one large "can" of water.  Like I said earlier, you can't seal off an open can of water.  Unless they have though of a work-around, I don't think I like this new policy.  Maybe they should sell beer cans as we exit the ship, no waste there.

2 hours ago, jay1021 said:

This thread make me think of a question.  Cans are what 8 - 12 oz., I remember when we would depart the ship at port(s) of call, they, the crew, would be at the exit/gangplank selling liter/2 liter bottles of water to take with you while in port.  I wonder what they do now? I don't think I want to carry around several "cans" of water OR one large "can" of water.  Like I said earlier, you can't seal off an open can of water.  Unless they have though of a work-around, I don't think I like this new policy.  Maybe they should sell beer cans as we exit the ship, no waste there.

I don’t understand why Royal isn’t using the aluminum twist top, re-closable, water bottle that Celebrity is using. 

355729E9-C6F0-45BC-8DD6-21863A888111.jpeg

Indy had the cans in Jan, but other ships seem to have a mix. In Feb on Freedom, the crew were drinking the cans while guest was getting the water bottles. There is no discerning taste to the cans, and they can be left open. I usually bring a water bottle to fill up so either way I can reseal my water.

Nice! When we were on the Odyssey in December I purchased a case of Evian for the room. They said they ran out and provided Dasani instead, a few extra bottles for the "inconvenience" I quickly sent it back and asked for any type of spring water. Dasani taste is not at all pleasant to me. They did adjust the pricing and deliver in a blue can of Royal Spring water but I was upset they thought that was okay. 

They never found any Evian for us but by the end they took off the charge and the Royal Spring Water was better then I expected, it was weird at first the whole can thing but it was just fine surprisingly. 

With all of the sodium in the food and being on the ship I drink a lot of water and monitor my ankles daily, Dasani seems to add to the swelling in my opinion. A successful sailing is when my ankles are still ankles at the end.

On 3/28/2022 at 10:03 PM, Harriett D said:

Just came off March 20th sailing of Odyssey of the Seas and they replaced my cans of water with bottles. *See the note in the picture.

9A79FC04-8D51-4AEB-8AD6-87DA019F6ACF.jpeg

Those look so good.  I had ordered the "24 cans of water" on Symphony back in Feb.  They sent us 48 10 oz plastic bottles of Evian at no additional charge.  We much prefer a bottle to a can.  We gave our cabin stewart the extras because we couldn't drink them all.

On 3/27/2022 at 12:59 PM, Kayleigh said:

Thank you!

That’s me too. I’m packing a tumbler as well. The thought of leaving any can open and then drinking from it not knowing if something got in creeps me out. 

On 3/27/2022 at 7:08 PM, KDK said:

Yes, I was also wondering how I can travel on excursions with canned water. It seems you would need to drink the whole thing in one go. I actually cancelled my water package and ended up getting the refreshment package instead once I found out that the water was in cans!

Is the water at the bars still bottled? I need two bottles on my night table I drink a lot of water and to take meds with. Will the bartenders give me two bottles at a time? I’ve changed my order twice already going back and forth from canned water to beverage package. Thanks. 

On 3/27/2022 at 8:17 AM, Kayleigh said:

I know some ships (maybe all) are transiting to canned water.

Can someone please tell me if Independence has canned or bottled water? My husband and I leave for Independence in 5 days and if they are canned water, I'll need to bring some tumblers for us (well me mainly). It's something about canned water and not being able to close it back up.

Thanks🙂

You can always go to the water station and pick up a couple of empty tumblers. The ships we have been on have had an outdoor unmanned water/juice stations where there were plenty of tumblers to use. 

4 hours ago, Hester56 said:

You can always go to the water station and pick up a couple of empty tumblers. The ships we have been on have had an outdoor unmanned water/juice stations where there were plenty of tumblers to use. 

Are you suggesting picking up someone else’s personal, used water bottle/tumbler/thermos that may have been left near a drink machine? 

16 hours ago, SaddenedAlmostDiamondPlusM said:

Are you suggesting picking up someone else’s personal, used water bottle/tumbler/thermos that may have been left near a drink machine? 

What? Heavens no! How would you even get that out of what I wrote? RCL has CLEAN drinking glasses by the outdoor place to get water.

• 3 weeks later...