SOLD OUT?!?! Is that true? Ccoo Cay WON'T be a Perfect Day without Thrill Waterpark tickets

RiveraCruise

We (family of 4) are getting ready for our cruise the week of 4/16.  Day 7 is a stop at Coco Cay.  Went to RC website to purchase Thrill Waterpark tickets.  It  says they are  SOLD OUT.   I (husband and father), am in deep doo-doo.  Has anyone ever experienced this BUT have been able to purchase either later online or onboard?   As of two weeks ago, RC said that we are the only ship at Coco Cay that day and ship is 75% at capacity.  Not sure I believe they are sold out.  Please HELP!

• RiveraCruise changed the title to SOLD OUT?!?! Is that true? Ccoo Cay WON'T be a Perfect Day without Thrill Waterpark tickets

@RiveraCruise stay on top of it. As the sailing gets closer things tend to open up. I do not know if they hold things back but they allocate so many for sale. Hopefully someone here can offer if they open up additional slots upon arrival. Don't lose all hope yet, I have my fingers crossed for you! Are there any water park cabanas? A little pricey but they come with 6 water park tickets, good luck sending positive energy. 

FYI the towels, the cooler of water, the server for the cabana...just not playing the towel game alone, having a designated home base the cabana holds value for a large group.

Edited by Neesa
updated thought

15 minutes ago, RiveraCruise said:

We (family of 4) are getting ready for our cruise the week of 4/16.  Day 7 is a stop at Coco Cay.  Went to RC website to purchase Thrill Waterpark tickets.  It  says they are  SOLD OUT.   I (husband and father), am in deep doo-doo.  Has anyone ever experienced this BUT have been able to purchase either later online or onboard?   As of two weeks ago, RC said that we are the only ship at Coco Cay that day and ship is 75% at capacity.  Not sure I believe they are sold out.  Please HELP!

If they are "SOLD OUT" because of capacity, this is why I mentioned in another tread that if they have too many ships docked/anchored at COCOCAY it would stress the place and long lines would form, not enough room in the pools, not enough chairs at premium locations,  etc.  I don't see how the addition of an adult only beach with chairs would alleviate the situation, at least not to any great extent.   

12 minutes ago, jay1021 said:

If they are "SOLD OUT" because of capacity, this is why I mentioned in another tread that if they have too many ships docked/anchored at COCOCAY it would stress the place and long lines would form, not enough room in the pools, not enough chairs at premium locations,  etc.  I don't see how the addition of an adult only beach with chairs would alleviate the situation, at least not to any great extent.   

Thanks for your reply.  According to RC, we will be the only ship docked at Coco Cay on that day.  This leads me to believe it's a marketing ploy to get you to purchase NOW.  Hopefully, I'm not in trouble with my wife and kids.  Reason we didn't purchase earlier was because we were attempting to find out if we (adults with back problems) had to purchase a ticket to enter thrill waterpark to see the kids slide down the waterslides.   Thanks again for your reply.

@jay1021 I agree with you. When we visited in November & December there were the weekend party hops ships at the island, wow! I was taken aback. There were chairs scattered availability. The lines for the slides were just under 60 minutes for each slide, kids only did 3 all day because the amount of people it felt like people soup. Passengers brought blue tooth speakers & loud music was on the beach, what ever style they likes clashed with the next group and the Oasis pool was just bodies. 

We were wearing vax bands at the time & you could see the 2 ships were represented everywhere, it was NOT an enjoyable outing. It was the first time we smelled marijuana on Coco Cay to that extent, for our family specifically it was outside our comfort zone. We figured make the best of it but it was a chore to do, just disappointing. We also understand everyone derives enjoyment in their own way, so we to are sad this Island may have turned a corner. Fingers crossed no, may have to bite the bullet and do the club, at least once!

20 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@RiveraCruise stay on top of it. As the sailing gets closer things tend to open up. I do not know if they hold things back but they allocate so many for sale. Hopefully someone here can offer if they open up additional slots upon arrival. Don't lose all hope yet, I have my fingers crossed for you! Are there any water park cabanas? A little pricey but they come with 6 water park tickets, good luck sending positive energy. 

FYI the towels, the cooler of water, the server for the cabana...just not playing the towel game alone, having a designated home base the cabana holds value for a large group.

Thanks.  I am hoping for success.  Everything seems to be sold out at coco cay for this day... except the floating mats.  This trip has been postyponed for two years and it seems like nothing is going as planned.  May be last cruise on RC for a while.

16 minutes ago, RiveraCruise said:

Thanks for your reply.  According to RC, we will be the only ship docked at Coco Cay on that day.  This leads me to believe it's a marketing ploy to get you to purchase NOW.  Hopefully, I'm not in trouble with my wife and kids.  Reason we didn't purchase earlier was because we were attempting to find out if we (adults with back problems) had to purchase a ticket to enter thrill waterpark to see the kids slide down the waterslides.   Thanks again for your reply.

I hope you got your answer.  Just in case you didn't, I believe that if you want to accompany your kids (anybody) into the water park, you have to pay as well.  I hope that is wrong though.  I'd like to accompany my grandkids into the water park, too.  Like you, we wouldn't utilize the slides or other activities in the water park, just observe.  MY grandkids are of an age now that they can go in without adult/family supervision but it would be nice to observe/photograph.  If they weren't old enough to go in without us/parents, I guess tickets would go unsold.  Too bad, actually.

@RiveraCruise No, let's stay positive! 2 years you say? Make a plan, the water park is not the be all end all I promise you can still have an enjoyable time. While continuing to watch for openings do you have a concierge or TA to reach out to? If so email your request ASAP. The evening before CoCo Cay gather your towels & confirm when you can get off the ship, go early with your map in hand & stake out a spot for your family, Oasis Pool? The Beach? The water in April for us Floridians is COLD you don't need a mat lol! Go early, explore the Island after you settle in at your home base, enjoy the beauty of the wildlife & flora fauna. Have lunch, head back to the ship and do the waterslides on board multiple times, please make the best of it. Look around at your beautiful family and choose to enjoy it all together, I really feel something will open up for you. I do the water park for my teen, I did purchase a ticket to go in as they wristband you, but it's about being together at the end of the day. Be positive and your family will follow your lead, better to be there then at home, right? I am still sending you the positive vibes, enjoy.

8 minutes ago, mk-ultra said:

If I did the math right and you'll be at Cococay on the 23rd, there are two ships scheduled for that day: Harmony and Independence.  I'd just keep checking the cruise planner to see if someone frees up a slot by cancelling.

Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 9.18.37 AM.png

we will be there on the 22nd of April (Symphony of the Seas).

10 minutes ago, DanielB said:

It does show sold out for our sailing....weird that Odyssey can purchase it though.  

Not sure if calling would help or not.

Good luck!

842340460_ScreenShot2022-03-26at6_14_27PM.thumb.png.ba1af3bba7060332e0fb18ab924baa29.png

I'm guessing that if there are two ships at CocoCay on the same day, they allocate X amount of tickets to the water park based upon the capacity of the ships and the number of children/young adults are on them.  So, one may be sold out and the other is still selling tickets.  Which tells me that if the ship that has tickets to sell don't, they may become available to the cruise ship that is sold out.  Just my guess, of course.

8 minutes ago, jay1021 said:

I'm guessing that if there are two ships at CocoCay on the same day, they allocate X amount of tickets to the water park based upon the capacity of the ships and the number of children/young adults are on them.  So, one may be sold out and the other is still selling tickets.  Which tells me that if the ship that has tickets to sell don't, they may become available to the cruise ship that is sold out.  Just my guess, of course.

That'd be my guess as well.

Thank you all for your replies... this RC blog community is pretty awesome.

Here is my update from my original post this morning:

Well, it's amazing to me that after 4 calls TO ROYAL CARIBBEAN to ask them if SotS was going to be the only ship at Coco Cay on the 4/22, the truthful answers were given to me by THIS blog community.  Thank you. 

ALL 4 calls to RC, I was given the answer that YES, SotS was the only ship on Coco Cay on the 22nd of April.  This also led them to tell me that I could wait to purchase my Thrill Waterpark tickets during the cruise or the day-of disembarking at Coco Cay.  This morning, the website showed they were SOLD OUT.  Which led to another call to RC.  After a lengthy call (1hr, 40min) a truthful answer, that Odyssey was also going to be there was given to us.  Nevertheless, a solution may have been reached.

Like many of you, we have been waiting for this cruise for 2 years.  It is a shame (but pretty amazing at the same time) that in order to get the TRUE answers to our RC questions, we had to rely on this blog community because RC themselves did not have a clue.  Thank you all for your support and your comments.  A big shout-out also goes out to the amazing two ladies that helped us out on this 5th and hopefully final call to RC.

If the waterpark was the most important part of your day at Coco Cay, I can't understand why you would wait to purchase the tickets.  Think about it this way.  If you wanted to see a movie at a theater on a certain day and time, would you buy tickets in advance or wait until you get there?  If you called the theater and asked if you could wait until you arrived, what would they answer?  They would say yes you can wait.  They should also say that it's possible the tickets will be sold out when you get there but they aren't lying if they say you can wait.  It should be understood that selling out is a risk of waiting to purchase something that has a limited number of items available.  Waterparks, excursions, and drink/dining packages are no different.  They can and do sell out.  There may be inventory held back for sales during the cruise but that's a risk and the pre-cruise prices are almost always better.  Hope everything works out for you!

4 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

If the waterpark was the most important part of your day at Coco Cay, I can't understand why you would wait to purchase the tickets.  Think about it this way.  If you wanted to see a movie at a theater on a certain day and time, would you buy tickets in advance or wait until you get there?  If you called the theater and asked if you could wait until you arrived, what would they answer?  They would say yes you can wait.  They should also say that it's possible the tickets will be sold out when you get there but they aren't lying if they say you can wait.  It should be understood that selling out is a risk of waiting to purchase something that has a limited number of items available.  Waterparks, excursions, and drink/dining packages are no different.  They can and do sell out.  There may be inventory held back for sales during the cruise but that's a risk and the pre-cruise prices are almost always better.  Hope everything works out for you!

If I called the theater (4x) and asked them if they had special seating for people with bad backs and they said "sure... those seats are never sold out, especially with one screening (ship) arriving at 75% capacity and then I arrived to find out they were sold out, yes, I'd be pissed.   Bad back prevented me from purchasing tickets before I got answers from RC.  Unfortunately, all the answers from RC (the owners of the ship AND the island) were wrong. They were lying because of the 4 calls I made and asked them 4 times if we were the ONLY ship docked that day, ALL 4 reps said YES.  Only through this blog did I finally get the truth.

You also have to remember that MANY of the phone reps are:

1. Home working in their Jammie’s 

2. in a different country

3. Brand spanking new (as many lost their jobs & didn’t return post-covid)

4. Just trying to give you an answer so they can move on to the next call

5. CLUELESS beyond the narrow scope of very generic and common questions (yours was way out of their comfort zone but they certainly wouldn’t say that)

6. Any and all of the above.

NEVER rely on a phone rep for answers.

If you had asked if everyone entering the Waterpark needs a ticket (whether participating or not) you probably would have gotten the correct answer which is yes.  How many ship at x capacity really means nothing if everyone on that ship wants to go to the waterpark.  

Just to add. We were on Wonder of the Seas a week ago and did coco cay too. We were also joined with Freedom of the Seas. They were let off about 1-2 hours before us. We purchased out thrill water park tickets way in advanced along with Beach Club floating cabana. After checking into our cabana we headed right over to thrill and there was lines everywhere already. We wanted to hit daredevils peak first only to find out we needed a return time ticket and the earliest was 12:30-1:00pm already. They said after 2pm they would open to everyone, no return tickets. So we grabbed the return tickets and proceeded to do the drop slides, the one that the floor drops out. The 4 of us did those once after a 40 minute wait and proceeded to go do the bigger tub slides. 

After walking over there there was a wait line just to go up the tower. I asked the front attendant and were told about 45-60 minutes to ride. So we decided to head back to the cabana and return at 12:30pm for the daredevils peak. We returned and were let up after giving our passes to proceed. Waited about 10 minutes at the top and did the slide. Seeing some of our party didn’t want to walk over from the cabana again we used the other 3 return tickets and did the peak one more time. After that the lines were insane and wanted to spend lunch and the rest of the afternoon at the cabana. 

I do know I will not be buying water park tickets in the future if there is more that one ship there as it was not worth the price to wait in lines. 

We will on Symphony at Coco Cay at the same as Mariner in July--and capacity will potentially be 100% by then.  And Mariner gets there 3 hours before us.  I have 2 water park passes for my teen kids and this post is making me re-think whether that's a good idea or not....

10 hours ago, LCinPDX said:

We will on Symphony at Coco Cay at the same as Mariner in July--and capacity will potentially be 100% by then.  And Mariner gets there 3 hours before us.  I have 2 water park passes for my teen kids and this post is making me re-think whether that's a good idea or not....

We are on the Mariner in June, this post had me researching our visit. It seems more than not there are 2 ships in and our day the Symphony is there with us. I canceled the water park as it has been on the been there done that list & made the Beach Club purchase. It's our first time trying this area but a warm June day, crowded Island by 2 ships I believed that would yield the most joy for us, I'm so glad this thread had me research, I want to continue to love CoCo Cay!

17 hours ago, Pooch said:

You also have to remember that MANY of the phone reps are:

1. Home working in their Jammie’s 

2. in a different country

3. Brand spanking new (as many lost their jobs & didn’t return post-covid)

4. Just trying to give you an answer so they can move on to the next call

5. CLUELESS beyond the narrow scope of very generic and common questions (yours was way out of their comfort zone but they certainly wouldn’t say that)

6. Any and all of the above.

NEVER rely on a phone rep for answers.

If you had asked if everyone entering the Waterpark needs a ticket (whether participating or not) you probably would have gotten the correct answer which is yes.  How many ship at x capacity really means nothing if everyone on that ship wants to go to the waterpark.  

Customer service call centers in any industry are difficult to deal with now.  It is a the last place management wants to spend money. 

If your issue goes "off-script" from the list of issues and response they have in front of them, they don't know what to do.  I think the reps have links to or hard copies of the FAQ's.  If they can't get the answer there your screwed!

We had lots of issues at CocoCay, late last year. We went to Coco Beach Club on the first week which was really nice, apart from the pool was absolutely freezing! The second week on Symphony a lot more was booked up in advance. I imagine once back at full capacity and with 2 ships in, it could get extremely busy. Book well in advance of your sail date if you want to do specific attractions at CocoCay.

3 hours ago, Neesa said:

We are on the Mariner in June, this post had me researching our visit. It seems more than not there are 2 ships in and our day the Symphony is there with us. I canceled the water park as it has been on the been there done that list & made the Beach Club purchase. It's our first time trying this area but a warm June day, crowded Island by 2 ships I believed that would yield the most joy for us, I'm so glad this thread had me research, I want to continue to love CoCo Cay!

I did exactly the same thing. I had a South Beach bed and 2 water park tickets reserved and I cancelled them all and bought four passes to the Beach Club.  A splurge for out last day there I guess.  The kids can ride the slides on the ship....

On 3/27/2022 at 9:29 PM, LCinPDX said:

Same here.  It's like dangling a carrot in front on them when they see the slides but then, the wait is a total turn-off.  

On 3/27/2022 at 9:29 PM, LCinPDX said:

I hear you.

Question to Forum:

If tickets are purchased for Coco Cay and then, 2-3 days prior to arriving at the island, we decide we don't want or can't have these tickets anymore. can we go to the on-board service desk and ask for a refund or credit for other on-board purchases... like CHOPS or WONDERLAND, or INTERNET or SPA... ?

We took our 10 year old grandson on a cruise in Feb 2020 with a stop at CocoCay. Got waterpark tickets for $25 each.  I had no idea what a steal that was!!  Glad though because he spent  the entire day in the wave pool, could not get him out.  But really the lines for the slides were no different than the lines for similar rides at any waterpark.  The good ones always have lines.

2 hours ago, RiveraCruise said:

Question to Forum:

If tickets are purchased for Coco Cay and then, 2-3 days prior to arriving at the island, we decide we don't want or can't have these tickets anymore. can we go to the on-board service desk and ask for a refund or credit for other on-board purchases... like CHOPS or WONDERLAND, or INTERNET or SPA... ?

Yes. You can cancel a booked shore excursion as long as it is 24 hours prior to the port stop. It will be refunded as refundable OBC that will be used to offset any charges to your onboard account. If you don't use it all then it will be refunded back to the card that you put on your account at check-in.

49 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yes. You can cancel a booked shore excursion as long as it is 24 hours prior to the port stop. It will be refunded as refundable OBC that will be used to offset any charges to your onboard account. If you don't use it all then it will be refunded back to the card that you put on your account at check-in.

sweet.  Thanks.

• 3 months later...
On 3/26/2022 at 9:07 PM, RiveraCruise said:

Thank you all for your replies... this RC blog community is pretty awesome.

Here is my update from my original post this morning:

Well, it's amazing to me that after 4 calls TO ROYAL CARIBBEAN to ask them if SotS was going to be the only ship at Coco Cay on the 4/22, the truthful answers were given to me by THIS blog community.  Thank you. 

ALL 4 calls to RC, I was given the answer that YES, SotS was the only ship on Coco Cay on the 22nd of April.  This also led them to tell me that I could wait to purchase my Thrill Waterpark tickets during the cruise or the day-of disembarking at Coco Cay.  This morning, the website showed they were SOLD OUT.  Which led to another call to RC.  After a lengthy call (1hr, 40min) a truthful answer, that Odyssey was also going to be there was given to us.  Nevertheless, a solution may have been reached.

Like many of you, we have been waiting for this cruise for 2 years.  It is a shame (but pretty amazing at the same time) that in order to get the TRUE answers to our RC questions, we had to rely on this blog community because RC themselves did not have a clue.  Thank you all for your support and your comments.  A big shout-out also goes out to the amazing two ladies that helped us out on this 5th and hopefully final call to RC.

I’m going through this currently. We leave on symphany July 23 and on our 7th day July 29th we will be at coco cay. We have been trying for a while to get tickets but everything is sold out. Did you end up getting your tickets? Or am I screwed. We have also been waiting two years for this cruise and it has been A MESS!! We have been on 4 others no problem. 

@Melissa Amaral Just our experience, on one of our last sailings we purchased the water park admission for the teens. There were 2 ships there, the lines were so long like as in over an hour long. They went on 2 yes two waterslides and when waiting for the 3rd it was shut down due to lightening in the area. They left and returned to us, what a waste of $$. As soon as you board hit the excursions desk there may be cancelations for whatever reasons. If still not successful, have an early breakfast or skip it like we do, exit the ship as soon as you are given the okay. Secure a great spot at the Oasis Pool or beach for a home base. You can make it an amazing day without the waterpark in my humble opinion if you have to. When you see the lines and the amount of people you may just be happy exploring the Island and moving around from pool to beaches. 

With 2 ships in we highly recommend Coco Beach Club if it's available. Have an amazing sailing.

We are sailing Jan 29 on Oasis, booked two months ago and all of the Perfect day excursions showed sold out right from the get go. Last week, boom- all of them were suddenly available. So I'm not sure if they just released the availability, a HUGE group cancelled, or it's all just some weird marketing thing they do, but keep your hopes up- you should be fine!