What's cheaper these days?

D Alt

Sorry if this is answered in here somewhere, but knowing the current issues with supply chain, what have you found is the cheapest way to purchase alcohol? 

I want to get some Kraken. 

1. Locally at the port

2. Duty free in the ship

3. Still here in our own liquor stores in the good ole US of A

I don't know about Kraken but most booze is cheaper on board and cheaper still in most Caribbean ports.  We were looking at bourbon and it was about 4$ cheaper on board and up to 6$ cheaper in the ports we stopped at.  

BTW, the last two cruises we were on they allowed you to bring booze on board from the ports we stopped at. We bought a bottle back, opened it and drank it the rest of the cruise to supplement our diamond drinks. We didn't have (or need) a drink package.

39 minutes ago, mac66 said:

I don't know about Kraken but most booze is cheaper on board and cheaper still in most Caribbean ports.  We were looking at bourbon and it was about 4$ cheaper on board and up to 6$ cheaper in the ports we stopped at.  

BTW, the last two cruises we were on they allowed you to bring booze on board from the ports we stopped at. We bought a bottle back, opened it and drank it the rest of the cruise to supplement our diamond drinks. We didn't have (or need) a drink package.

Somebody was definitely having a nap at the x-ray machine. 🙃