Is being invited to Coastal Kitchen after 1st or 2nd day common when in Junior Suite?

We were in a Junior Suite on the Anthem a couple of weeks ago and we understood we get to go to Coastal Kitchen first or second night for Dinner only….

We ended up going the 2nd night since we wanted to experience it for the first time. 
We got a call and was asked to come back on another night, but we had a specialty dinning package so couldn’t make it. 
They called again, but still couldn’t make it. 

Curious if this is common or if they weren’t full would extend the invite?

We were never invited and had to make reservations for our visits. The reservation could only be made once at a time and only for dinner in the Junior suite. Junior suite guest reservations are first come first serve so you may not always get it. We ate there the first couple nights but gave up after that. The first night we couldn’t get anywhere near the time we wanted. 

26 minutes ago, Pooch said:

No restrictions on specific nights at CK.  JS can go any night there is availability not just nights 1&2.  Don’t know where you heard that.

I just did a quick search in royalcaribbean.com and I couldn't find anything restricting JS guests to night 1 and/or 2.  Just dinner only and reservations are required.  Yep, I don't know where that comes from.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-rooms/royal-suite-class

And other pages within royalcaribbean.com.

9 hours ago, jay1021 said:

I just did a quick search in royalcaribbean.com and I couldn't find anything restricting JS guests to night 1 and/or 2.  Just dinner only and reservations are required.  Yep, I don't know where that comes from.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-rooms/royal-suite-class

And other pages within royalcaribbean.com.

I am sure somebody in a JS got into the CK day 1, but I would think it is few and far between.....rare, rare, rare.

Usually, you yo to the CK on Embarkation day and inform the host you are in a JS.  They will try to work with you for the cruise.  However, you are space available.  As has been stated, times not be what you want.

Next @YellowBrickRoad think about the length of your cruise.

I have been on Anthem 5 night out of Cape Liberty.  If you purchased a 3 night dining, than it will be 2 in the MDR.  Let me say this....so nah people purchase the dining package that the MDR is fun to me and I get better service impo.  They have less tables to wait on and they get to know you

~~~~Did a cousins cruise 3 yrs ago on Anthem.  The family did MDR in only ...late sitting.  10 of us so lots of people to keep track of for the cruise when it comes to personal choices and service..  Hubby and I had done multiple Royal cruises so I knew what to do...ordered wedge salad for the week(off the menu) on night 1. My cousin due to medical reasons can only eat fish or pasta.  End of dinner night 1 they asked his deires regarding fish and pasta.  They worked hard to make the MDR a specialty.  They knew that my husband and I always had  Bourbon and coke for dinner, cappuccinos after dinner...we never ordered them after night 1, however every night there was our cocktail as soon as we sat and cappuccinos for ue after dinner.  They also knew I was always too full to have dessert and they would pack it up to go for me to put in the mini cooler.

CK is great and technically he service is amazing, but if you are in a JS and not doing the dining package you might but be pleasantly surprised how amazing the MDR can be...sea day make sure you goto the MDR d get the tuttisalad.

12 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

I am sure somebody in a JS got into the CK day 1, but I would think it is few and far between.....rare, rare, rare.

Usually, you yo to the CK on Embarkation day and inform the host you are in a JS.  They will try to work with you for the cruise.  However, you are space available.  As has been stated, times not be what you want.

Next @YellowBrickRoad think about the length of your cruise.

I have been on Anthem 5 night out of Cape Liberty.  If you purchased a 3 night dining, than it will be 2 in the MDR.  Let me say this....so nah people purchase the dining package that the MDR is fun to me and I get better service impo.  They have less tables to wait on and they get to know you

~~~~Did a cousins cruise 3 yrs ago on Anthem.  The family did MDR in only ...late sitting.  10 of us so lots of people to keep track of for the cruise when it comes to personal choices and service..  Hubby and I had done multiple Royal cruises so I knew what to do...ordered wedge salad for the week(off the menu) on night 1. My cousin due to medical reasons can only eat fish or pasta.  End of dinner night 1 they asked his deires regarding fish and pasta.  They worked hard to make the MDR a specialty.  They knew that my husband and I always had  Bourbon and coke for dinner, cappuccinos after dinner...we never ordered them after night 1, however every night there was our cocktail as soon as we sat and cappuccinos for ue after dinner.  They also knew I was always too full to have dessert and they would pack it up to go for me to put in the mini cooler.

CK is great and technically he service is amazing, but if you are in a JS and not doing the dining package you might but be pleasantly surprised how amazing the MDR can be...sea day make sure you goto the MDR d get the tuttisalad.

Thanks…….we ate everywhere on our Anthem a couple of weeks ago. We did Chops,Wonderland,IZumi Lunch and Sake, (loved!) My Time and Coastal Kitchen the 2nd night (they did give us the option of 1st or 2nd night)

For us, even though Coastal Kitchen extended the invite to come again, we really enjoyed all the other places we ate. 
We actually saw many of the Pinnacle members at My Time we met at Coastal…. We ended up near each other and had a great time! 

• 2 weeks later...

@YellowBrickRoad  Ceil and I just got off Anthem this morning.  We were in Junior Suite 11232 (Sea Class) and went to Coastal Kitchen @ 5:30PM every night!  The only requirement is you must make reservations which are subject to availability.  Also, it was mentioned you cannot make reservations any more than 24 hours in advance - that means you must take it one day at a time.  I am guessing other suites take priority, but that is not stated.  FYI, suites were sold out on our sailing and there was plenty of CK availability.  Valentino waited on us every night and he was awesome.  Also note, Junior Suites cannot do breakfast or lunch at Coastal.  Here is a pic from the on-board app which pretty much says this...

image.png.17a801f0473bd2d1340f5653ace8017f.png

10 hours ago, YOLO said:

@YellowBrickRoad  Ceil and I just got off Anthem this morning.  We were in Junior Suite 11232 (Sea Class) and went to Coastal Kitchen @ 5:30PM every night!  The only requirement is you must make reservations which are subject to availability.  Also, it was mentioned you cannot make reservations any more than 24 hours in advance - that means you must take it one day at a time.  I am guessing other suites take priority, but that is not stated.  FYI, suites were sold out on our sailing and there was plenty of CK availability.  Valentino waited on us every night and he was awesome.  Also note, Junior Suites cannot do breakfast or lunch at Coastal.  Here is a pic from the on-board app which pretty much says this...

image.png.17a801f0473bd2d1340f5653ace8017f.png

Thank for the info! It was nice for us to experience for CK on the Anthem the first time. Even though we were offered on other days when they called us to ask to come again, we had a specialty dining package and wanted to experience different locations. 
It’s good to know we can come any dinner nights if available. We met many Pinnacle members at other restaurants though out the week who told us, they were going elsewhere for some dinners, and it wasn’t as busy. 
We are in another Junior Suite on Our July Cruise on Oasis, so will hopefully try CK on that ship!

On 3/26/2022 at 8:36 AM, YellowBrickRoad said:

We ended up going the 2nd night since we wanted to experience it for the first time. 
We got a call and was asked to come back on another night, but we had a specialty dinning package so couldn’t make it. 
They called again, but still couldn’t make it. 

Hmmm, how big of a tip did you leave?😁

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

CK access for JS has always been better on Quantum class ships.  It tends to be Oasis class where CK access for JS can be more difficult.  

This was my experience on Odyssey - they encouraged us to come back every night and let us make reservations through the week ahead of time. I don't expect the same experience on Allure later this year, but will definitely be trying to go every night! 

3 hours ago, KLA said:

Also adding on to my previous comment, the Coastal Kitchen experience I had on Odyssey was by far my favorite dining experience I've ever had on board. Marlon (our waiter) was our favorite and we loved chatting with him each night. Really hope to meet him again on another ship.

What did you think about the views from the landscape style windows? That sold us and yes, we had no problem going just about every night!😎`

1 hour ago, rjac said:

What did you think about the views from the landscape style windows? That sold us and yes, we had no problem going just about every night!😎`

It was one of our favorite parts of the space. We ate a bit later than most other diners appeared to in CK so there was tons of room (and also, low capacity anyway), so they set us up with a space so we sat next to each other and could both look out the window as the sun was setting. Amazing.