How soon before we can’t get Free test to travel

I don't suspect it will be long.

When I was first being tested, there wasn't even mention of a fee associated with testing.

When my husband and I got our tests this past week, the testing sheet said right on it: $129 (each). Then it said "you saved $129 testing with us" which I assume means that they plan to bill it to the state... for now.

Need to get scheduled for boosters before they start charging for those, it seems.

To be expected. Could not have a free testing program go on forever. Either the government or insurance company has to pay so now it will come at a cost. Either way it does not matter to us, we always used the eMed tests and paid for them. Small price for a cruise vacation.

I think all of those testing places and free testing from the likes of CVS and such will dwindle down around this fall. Already in my neighborhood I have seen 3 of the free places close. I had 8, yes 8 within a 5 block walking radius and now there are just 5. I don't find the closure of these facilities disturbing because most were for peace of mind; they often didn't give useable results for travel. It not being offered at the likes of CVS would be detrimental.