Cruise Documents?

Lexster

I feel like I'm just asking a ton of questions this week. So, I've been reading things about "cruise documents." Most of the articles are years old. Has the app check-in process taken over for "cruise documents" or would I still be getting these in the mail? I booked through a travel agent and even on RC's website, it says they'll mail these documents to the agent and then to me. What are these for?

1 hour ago, Sharla said:

Your agent will get them and should forward them to you. If they don't come or you forget them at home it's not an issue, you can get luggage tags at the port. Nothing is truly needed in these e-docs.

I'm old and don't remember much of what went on on my last pre-COVID cruise.  But, in reading a bunch here and other social media venues, a boarding pass is required to be printed or in the app and brought with you to embarkation as the cabin key/card isn't available until your room is ready for you.  The boarding pass can be scanned and used to purchase drinks/food/et al until you get to your cabin.  Is any or all true?  

Thanks in advance for your response.

1 hour ago, jay1021 said:

I'm old and don't remember much of what went on on my last pre-COVID cruise.  But, in reading a bunch here and other social media venues, a boarding pass is required to be printed or in the app and brought with you to embarkation as the cabin key/card isn't available until your room is ready for you.  The boarding pass can be scanned and used to purchase drinks/food/et al until you get to your cabin.  Is any or all true?  

Thanks in advance for your response.

They'll print one for you if you need it. At least before COVID they did.

13 minutes ago, Sharla said:

They'll print one for you if you need it. At least before COVID they did.

Thank you for the answer.  I take a printed copy with me, for sure.  I was asking for general consumption, but you didn't know that.  Once again, thanks.  I take paper copies of EVERYTHING, Invoices, contracts, luggage tags (a few extra and I put a copy in every piece of luggage and carry on), and boarding pass.  I'm overly paranoid about issues that can pop up, I guess.  But, I have 'em if I need 'em.