Return of Promenade Parties & Parades?

Hi All!

I was recently on the Shipmates app and noticed someone had posted a 70's Party photo on the IOTS (Independence of the Seas) . We will be sailing on her in May. Can anyone verify if the parties/parades are back? We've sailed on RC since the restart but w/o sail away parties and super low capacity, etc. Would love to experience this if so! 😁

Thanks!

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Eniale said:

Just sailed Independence out of Port Canaveral.

Sail Away party in full swing (Rick, the cruise director, was by far the BEST cruise director I have EVER encountered on a cruise, by the way) and there was both a 70s party and an 80s party in the Promenade, different nights.

The way I just screamed  with joy in this Zoom meeting!😂 I'm soooo excited to hear this! My sister and her family will be sailing on IOTS for Mother's Day. We sail two weeks after. Such a wonderful surprise! Not telling the Hubs or the kids. They'll find out soon enough! 😛 TY for this info. I'm beyond excited!!!

giphy.gif

42 minutes ago, Jill said:

There was a parade on Wonder this past week but no 70’s/80’s. Sail Away also took place

This is such good news!! Sad there wasn't the 70's/80's party 😞 but good to know that things are starting give us some pre pandemic normalcy. Hope you enjoyed your cruise! Can't wait to sail the Wonder in 2023.  

One of the best times I've had on any cruise was when we reserved/rented the Rising Tide, on Symphony, during the 70s/80s, I don't remember the decade.  We had the complete bar open to just our party, it was a party of 14.  The bar went up half way between the top and bottom of its usual travel.  We had a birds eye view of the entire party.  The young ones in our party danced and us old folks just drank and bobbed our heads.  

16 minutes ago, MelandyGA said:

Cruise newbie here.  How do you know if there will be parties on your cruise?  I enjoy a good theme night, but do you pack themed get up “just in case,” or can you find out somewhere in advance?  

Gotta get through 1 more week of work then we’re FL bound to sail on Harmony 4/3.  

I have this same question. I know you can look at past cruise compasses, but not sure that's a definite thing or not.

2 hours ago, MelandyGA said:

Cruise newbie here.  How do you know if there will be parties on your cruise?  I enjoy a good theme night, but do you pack themed get up “just in case,” or can you find out somewhere in advance?  

Gotta get through 1 more week of work then we’re FL bound to sail on Harmony 4/3.  

Many in our party did get themed up.  It was a lot of fun. Don't know how you can find out other than asking here.  I'd answer, but I don't know.  We're on the Harmony in November.  Keep her clean for us, Okay 🤭

Happy sailing to you!

15 hours ago, Matt said:

There was a 70s party on Navigator this past week on the Royal Promenade, per @Big Dawg Ron

OMG! It's THE MATT from RCB!!!😱 (Fan girl moment 🤩) Thank you for your reply @Matt!!! This makes me EXTREMELY happy! I'm super stoked now!!! I would watch YT videos of the Promenade parties and parades. I never experienced it, now I finally can! 🥺

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, MelandyGA said:

Great minds think alike @MelandyGA That was my next question. Any takers? #InquiringMindsWannaKnow 😄 

On 3/25/2022 at 9:02 AM, Mofrazier05 said:

Can anyone verify if the parties/parades are back?

We were on the Indy and can confirm both the 70s and 80s parties happened. I recommend getting to the pub or Vintages early and getting good seats!

And a Dublin Ice Tea or two will help the curmudgeons in the group enjoy the shows... 😆

There was a midnight balloon drop on the Promenade three years ago on our Easter sailing on the Symphony.  Going on that same ship and sailing in two weeks (finally) and would love to see that return.  Had a blast and the bad was great.  Was a great way to kick off the cruise on the first night.