Long time listener, first time cruiser

Good morning!  Originally scheduled March 2020 but now leaving Sunday on Harmony for 7-day eastern Caribbean.  Since I've had two years to prepare (!) I feel like I've read / listened to / watched all the things but still have a few questions as we prepare to depart.  Appreciate your input!

1) We have young-ish kids and therefore will probably be retiring to our room for their bedtime (8/9-ish).  However, husband and I will probably want to enjoy a nightcap or two in the room after they've gone down.  We have the deluxe drink package.  I assume we just have to take turns heading out to the nearest bar to order and bring back to our room?  Maybe a silly question but I'm not sure we can take drinks to-go, how many at a time, etc., and also if you can sneak into a bar in your "loungewear" to grab a go-cup.  

2)  I understand our gratuities are pre-paid but also understand/appreciate that cash tips along the way are smiled upon.  Do most folks tip your room steward daily or once at the end?  

3) I assume there is some type of sundries store on the ship?  I am packing ALL THE THINGS but my husband thinks we can buy it if we forget it.  Neither of us have ever cruised.  I'm picturing a news-stand in an airport.  Is that accurate?

I've been following the blog / pods / chats for awhile now and really appreciate everything this community does to ensure a happy and successful cruise!

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, MereKidd said:

Maybe a silly question but I'm not sure we can take drinks to-go, how many at a time, etc., and also if you can sneak into a bar in your "loungewear" to grab a go-cup.  

It's one drink per person per order with the drink package. So I think your understand sounds right.

And no one minds if you show up in a bathrobe to the bar to get a to go order.

11 minutes ago, MereKidd said:

Do most folks tip your room steward daily or once at the end?  

think once at the end is standard.

Keep in mind the automatic gratuity does cover that person.

12 minutes ago, MereKidd said:

I assume there is some type of sundries store on the ship?  I am packing ALL THE THINGS but my husband thinks we can buy it if we forget it.  Neither of us have ever cruised.  I'm picturing a news-stand in an airport.  Is that accurate?

There is limited items there, yes. I would plan to bring everything because brands and options are limited (and expensive).

You could also buy some of these items in the ports you visit.