Quantum of the Seas - best ship ever?

That's a tough question.  "Best" is a subjective term, but I feel like Oasis or Allure will remain their flagship cruise ship once the hoopla over Quantum's launch dies down.  After all, Allure is still the biggest cruise ship in the world, as well as the fleet.  

I'm afraid that Quantum is a bit too gimmicky. They're trying for "new" and "innovative," but I"m not sure how great the North Star and Sky Diving thing will be. But they'll give it a try. The virtual balcony thing is a great innovation I'd like to see. That being said, I agree with Matt. "Best" is a subjective term. As it stands, Allure and Oasis might not be defined as the "best" by many passengers. They may be the largest, allowing for a variety of amenities, but sometimes smaller == luxury == more attention to detail == better service. 

The sheer size of the Oasis class will remain in-tact and a call-to-fame.

I'm afraid that Quantum is a bit too gimmicky. They're trying for "new" and "innovative," but I"m not sure how great the North Star and Sky Diving thing will be. But they'll give it a try. The virtual balcony thing is a great innovation I'd like to see.

I have similar concerns about the gimmickyness of the ship.  While I think rccl is using things like ripcord and northstar as selling points today, the ship itself and the venues, staterooms and facilities will be the bigger draw.  Along with where it's sailing from (NY). 

Once they announce all of the new features, restaurants and shows (broadway?), I feel like they can focus less on the fact the ship has a clown school

I have similar concerns about the gimmickyness of the ship.  While I think rccl is using things like ripcord and northstar as selling points today, the ship itself and the venues, staterooms and facilities will be the bigger draw.  Along with where it's sailing from (NY). 

Once they announce all of the new features, restaurants and shows (broadway?), I feel like they can focus less on the fact the ship has a clown school

But I will say that a marriage proposal or wedding ceremony in North Star is a neat idea.