How excited are you for your next cruise and what are you mostly looking forward too?

Recently sailed our first cruise back since Covid, in January. Everything was wonderful! It has made me so excited to cruise again in October. Looking forward to the relaxation of the days and the activities of the evening. We love having so many places to visit and try in the evenings. 

8 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

Recently sailed our first cruise back since Covid, in January. Everything was wonderful! It has made me so excited to cruise again in October. Looking forward to the relaxation of the days and the activities of the evening. We love having so many places to visit and try in the evenings. 

Fun fun fun, it's all  fun.  I can't think of a bad thing about cruising, especially on Royal.  I credit the crew for that!  I have never come across a crew member that didn't, at least seem to be doing everything to make your cruise the best.  Can't say that about Brand X cruise lines, though.  

The thing that I look most forward to is seeing the "days to cruising" counter turn to 0. 

The thing that I love the most about cruising is that you can do most things on your own time.  miss breakfast at the MDR? Go to Windjammer.  Miss a show?  Go the next night.  Want to sleep in late (this never happens on a cruise ship), order room service.  Want couple's time?  Send the kids to SeaPlex or Adventure Ocean. Drink too much and can't drive home?  No need to drive, your room is a few steps away. Want second breakfast, second lunch, or second dinner?  No problem.  

The only, only, only thing that I hate about cruising....the end of the cruise.

I love cruises; they are my favorite vacation! We have been on Royal cruises 5 times, beginning with our first cruise in November 2017. Empress of the Seas, with a stop in Havana. What a once-in-a-lifetime experience! It was for my 50th birthday and my only regret is having waited that log to catch the "cruising bug!"

Since then, we've been on Rhapsody, Mariner, Oasis, and Independence. My in-laws took us on a Disney cruise in 2019. It was fine but, for the value, you can't beat Royal. I don't think I would ever be willing to spend the money on a Disney cruise. We are "Loyal to Royal," although I might be open to trying Celebrity. Same parent company, so it doesn't seem like cheating. 🙂

We're booked on Quantum to Alaska in June (13-20) and on Oasis again at Thanksgiving, and I'm counting down the days. I love sea days and port days, and we often stay aboard on port days to enjoy the smaller crowds. Mostly, we cruise because we love being on the ships. Of course, our Alaska cruise will be different--the ports are a must! My favorite part of cruising is relaxing--no cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. Just quality time with family and friends and no need to feel "productive!"

3 days until our 4 night cruise on Independence. Excited to take our 2 boys (ages 5 and 9) on their first cruise.  Also, we travel a lot with friends and family but it's just the 4 of us this time and I'm really excited to just be a kid with them and soak it all in.

54 minutes ago, Johnstewarth said:

I love cruises; they are my favorite vacation! We have been on Royal cruises 5 times, beginning with our first cruise in November 2017. Empress of the Seas, with a stop in Havana. What a once-in-a-lifetime experience! It was for my 50th birthday and my only regret is having waited that log to catch the "cruising bug!"

Since then, we've been on Rhapsody, Mariner, Oasis, and Independence. My in-laws took us on a Disney cruise in 2019. It was fine but, for the value, you can't beat Royal. I don't think I would ever be willing to spend the money on a Disney cruise. We are "Loyal to Royal," although I might be open to trying Celebrity. Same parent company, so it doesn't seem like cheating. 🙂

We're booked on Quantum to Alaska in June (13-20) and on Oasis again at Thanksgiving, and I'm counting down the days. I love sea days and port days, and we often stay aboard on port days to enjoy the smaller crowds. Mostly, we cruise because we love being on the ships. Of course, our Alaska cruise will be different--the ports are a must! My favorite part of cruising is relaxing--no cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. Just quality time with family and friends and no need to feel "productive!"

Oasis and Quantum class ships are the best, in my opinion.  Hope you enjoy all your upcoming cruises.  We were loyal to Brand X cruise lines, they changed my thinking about them do to bad service and dirty ships, so now I'm very loyal to Royal.  

Happy sailing to you!

1 hour ago, CruisingNewb said:

The thing that I look most forward to is seeing the "days to cruising" counter turn to 0. 

The thing that I love the most about cruising is that you can do most things on your own time.  miss breakfast at the MDR? Go to Windjammer.  Miss a show?  Go the next night.  Want to sleep in late (this never happens on a cruise ship), order room service.  Want couple's time?  Send the kids to SeaPlex or Adventure Ocean. Drink too much and can't drive home?  No need to drive, your room is a few steps away. Want second breakfast, second lunch, or second dinner?  No problem.  

The only, only, only thing that I hate about cruising....the end of the cruise.

Flexibility is a wonderful thing.  Yes, my wife is usually my "Designated Driver" when we go out.  On a ship, no one cares and she can have a good time, too.  But, she's not a big drinker so she'll have a drink or two.  

Happy sailing to you!

6 minutes ago, Jill said:

Just got off Wonder this morning. Next is Alaska with land tour on Radiance in May. Super excited! In the fall we have a 12 night Holy Land/Greece on Odyssey. Getting some of those bucket list cruises checked off! 

Sounds like you are doing you and doing a good job of it.  

Happy sailing to you!

6 minutes ago, jay1021 said:

Sounds like you are doing you and doing a good job of it.  

Happy sailing to you!

I’m a stage 4b cancer survivor (5 1/2 years cancer free) and we didn’t travel often because we live on a horse farm. Hard to find farm sitters etc. Since my diagnosis though, we are making a big effort to get out there and see the world. Luckily I’ve found a great farm sitter so much easier to leave

2 hours ago, jay1021 said:

I'll be checking the forecast the day before we leave for Seattle.  Like you, if the temp is above 50, I'll be wearing shorts.  However, I'll be wearing shorts while indoors on "sea days".  Otherwise, I'll be backing one pair of jeans, for Ports of Call and one pair of "Slacks" for Chops Grill.  Not packing much though, Star gives you unlimited same day laundry.  

We're "slummin' it" with just a JS (unless one of our Royal Up bids is accepted).

1 hour ago, Johnstewarth said:

I miss Cuba I took my husband to Cuba and he is still talking about Cuba and the 58 Mercedes we were inm

We were supposed to go to Cuba on Empress in 2019 but travel to Cuba was banned less than 7 days before we set sail…. We went on the cruise anyway, and had a great time.  Three years we’ve waited to hit the seas again and are now less than a month out from our first vacation since 2019.  

I look forward to not working, just relaxing , eating, drinking and having fun the way you can only do on a cruise. Ocean views, cool ocean breezes, great shows, sleeping as the ocean rocks me to sleep, fun games…all of it!

My last night on symphony and it’s mixed emotions. Cruise was awesome and I was stoked to be back on symphony. Service was really good overall. Specialty restaurant servers were on point and worked their arses off. Bartenders at trellis bar had to be androids because they never stopped and were ridiculously efficient. Just another top notch royal experience. Had a group of ten and everyone was overjoyed with  the trip. 

13 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

My last night on symphony and it’s mixed emotions. Cruise was awesome and I was stoked to be back on symphony. Service was really good overall. Specialty restaurant servers were on point and worked their arses off. Bartenders at trellis bar had to be androids because they never stopped and were ridiculously efficient. Just another top notch royal experience. Had a group of ten and everyone was overjoyed with  the trip. 

That's wonderful to hear.  Symphony is my favorite ship so far.  I'm going on the Ovations in May and Harmony in November.  I haven't cruised on either before.  After Harmony, I'll only have the Wonder to complete my quest to cruise on all Oasis Class ships.  Ovation will be my 2nd Quantum Class ship.  I guess I have a couple to go.  

Happy for ya!

We’re 30 days out for our second cruise. It’s our first one out of a bigger port. Our first cruise was out of Baltimore. We didn’t know how we would like cruising so we tried a smaller ship. I fell in love and can’t wait to be back on a ship.

This cruise will be going to the Bahamas and Haiti. I booked us an excursion to feed sting rays and I simply can’t wait! I love being able to do things on a cruise that I normally don’t get a chance to in my normal life. 

On 3/25/2022 at 8:50 AM, BrianB said:

Doesn’t matter how many I’ve done…I’m always super excited about the next one. I feel like a kid at Christmas and the ship is my special present just waiting for me under the tree. *that would be one heckuva tree! 🌲  

My favorite moment is when I take that first step off the gangway, and onto the ship. I always believed happiness is infectious (pardon the wording) and on that first day…everyone is happy!

Totally agree with the feelings when you take the first steps off the gangway and onto the ship. I’m not too proud to say I shed a few tears stepping onto Oasis this past September.  

3 hours ago, smost said:

We’re 30 days out for our second cruise. It’s our first one out of a bigger port. Our first cruise was out of Baltimore. We didn’t know how we would like cruising so we tried a smaller ship. I fell in love and can’t wait to be back on a ship.

This cruise will be going to the Bahamas and Haiti. I booked us an excursion to feed sting rays and I simply can’t wait! I love being able to do things on a cruise that I normally don’t get a chance to in my normal life. 

I was one of those that really never had the desire to cruise, but my wife knew that I always had a desire to visit the Panama Canal because I have family history there, my grandfather was one of the engineers and worker on the canals building and I wanted to see the system for myself.  So, one day after I retired my wife brough up taking a cruise to the Canal Zone at a very decent cost.  I went along and the rest is history, I'm hooked.  My youngest daughter was a nay sayer as well until we gifted a family cruise for her and her family on the Oasis.  Before they were off the ship, they were booking another (Star Class) at the Next Cruise desk and that started it all for them.  I'm still working on my oldest daughter. 

Congratulations, I'm glad you found your cruising inner-self.

Happy sailing to you! 

43 days until our B2B cruise on the Explorer. On the second leg of the cruise, we'll be cruising with friends that we've taken 2 prior cruises with. We haven't seen them in a couple years. We're very much looking forward to seeing/cruising with them again.

Our next cruise is in 55 days. Right now, I’m trying not to get too excited, since this is our 3rd year trying for AK out of Seattle.  My hope is that all is a go, but I’m braced in case something comes up.

We are taking my oldest sister and Aunt, and will drive down 9 hours the weekend before to fly out with them 2 days ahead of the cruise. Then hopefully we will all test negative, and the flights will go off as scheduled. After that, everything can be dealt with as it happens. 

Most excited for? To see their faces every day, as they marvel at the beauty around us.  Both of them helped finish raising my brother and me after our Momma passed. I could never repay them for that, and my deepest desire is for this trip to be amazing for them and to see the joy on their faces. 🙂

Second most excited for? The private whale-watching tour we scheduled for Juneau. Then driving to the Yukon from Skagway…if Canada’s entry rules don’t include testing again. 

6 minutes ago, 14Terry said:

43 days until our B2B cruise on the Explorer. On the second leg of the cruise, we'll be cruising with friends that we've taken 2 prior cruises with. We haven't seen them in a couple years. We're very much looking forward to seeing/cruising with them again.

We've, with the exception of one cruise, have always cruised with an old Army buddy and his wife or with my youngest daughter and her family or both, we once sailed as part of a party, in one cabin, of 14 (the 4 bedroom family suite on the Symphony).  Sailing with friends/family sure adds a dimension to the enjoyment and experience.  We laugh and laugh a lot with friends and family present.  When we cruised just the two of us, it was great, too.  We actually talked and decided what we wanted to do without outside influence.  Not that that is a bad thing.

Happy sailing to you! 

11 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Our next cruise is in 55 days. Right now, I’m trying not to get too excited, since this is our 3rd year trying for AK out of Seattle.  My hope is that all is a go, but I’m braced in case something comes up.

We are taking my oldest sister and Aunt, and will drive down 9 hours the weekend before to fly out with them 2 days ahead of the cruise. Then hopefully we will all test negative, and the flights will go off as scheduled. After that, everything can be dealt with as it happens. 

Most excited for? To see their faces every day, as they marvel at the beauty around us.  Both of them helped finish raising my brother and me after our Momma passed. I could never repay them for that, and my deepest desire is for this trip to be amazing for them and to see the joy on their faces. 🙂

Second most excited for? The private whale-watching tour we scheduled for Juneau. Then driving to the Yukon from Skagway…if Canada’s entry rules don’t include testing again. 

Our next cruise is in May (48 day) on the Ovation from Seattle to Alaska.  To be honest, this is my wife's choice.  I have never had a desire to visit Alaska, not that there is anything wrong with it, it's just a thing I have, I guess.  I spent 20+ years in the Army trying to avoid Korea and Alaska, successfully.  But, I'll make the best of it.  We have 2 excursions booked so far and probably will book at least one more.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your cruise and hope that it goes off without a hitch.

Happy sailing to you!

12 minutes ago, jay1021 said:

Our next cruise is in May (48 day) on the Ovation from Seattle to Alaska.  To be honest, this is my wife's choice.  I have never had a desire to visit Alaska, not that there is anything wrong with it, it's just a thing I have, I guess.  I spent 20+ years in the Army trying to avoid Korea and Alaska, successfully.  But, I'll make the best of it.  We have 2 excursions booked so far and probably will book at least one more.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your cruise and hope that it goes off without a hitch.

Happy sailing to you!

Thank you!  We are sailing Ovation too, on 5/20.  Our last time to AK was a one way trip (our preferred type AK sailing) but I think the travel would be too hard on both of our sassy seniors.  

I hope yours surprises you (in a great way). Have a wonderful, memory-making trip. 🙂

8 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Thank you!  We are sailing Ovation too, on 5/20.  Our last time to AK was a one way trip (our preferred type AK sailing) but I think the travel would be too hard on both of our sassy seniors.  

I hope yours surprises you (in a great way). Have a wonderful, memory-making trip. 🙂

By the way, I love the Tennessee Smokey Mountains.  I used to ride motorcycle a lot, until I developed Vertigo, and The Dragon was one of my most visited places.  Love the Smokey Mountain National Park and the Weir Valley area.  Oh, when we visit the Smokey Mountains in/near Weir Valley, we take a short trip to Dillard, GA and go to the Dillard House for Breakfast, it's wonderful.

36 minutes ago, jay1021 said:

By the way, I love the Tennessee Smokey Mountains.  I used to ride motorcycle a lot, until I developed Vertigo, and The Dragon was one of my most visited places.  Love the Smokey Mountain National Park and the Weir Valley area.  Oh, when we visit the Smokey Mountains in/near Weir Valley, we take a short trip to Dillard, GA and go to the Dillard House for Breakfast, it's wonderful.

We live about 20 minutes from the TN end of the Dragon. 🙂 We love the area, and moved here 17 years ago because of the Smokies, since something kept bringing us back here. We have never regretted the move. The attached pic is the view from our home. All these years later, the view still amazes us. 🙂 Thanks for the heads up on the Dillard House. Will have to check it out. 

A385DF07-87DF-4370-86DD-3C7A51F333C8.jpeg

13A5E08B-8F33-4A12-A9A8-1D7333BC0049.jpeg

12 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

We live about 20 minutes from the TN end of the Dragon. 🙂 We love the area, and moved here 17 years ago because of the Smokies, since something kept bringing us back here. We have never regretted the move. The attached pic is the view from our home. All these years later, the view still amazes us. 🙂 Thanks for the heads up on the Dillard House. Will have to check it out. 

53BC0CA6-E5F5-4452-A4DC-0B8D8DEABF14.jpeg

IMG_ 20211102_091603.jpg

I'm excited, but not as excited as I probably should be.  We switched ships (from Serenade to Quantum, which bums me out), and we got spoiled with suites over the last 2 sailings, which we don't have on this one (I had a Jr Suite on Serenade, at least, lol - #spoiled). 

BUT, while I'm not super excited about the ship, we do have a goal to sail on all of Royal's ships, so we'll at least be able to tick this one off the list and never think about it again, and I always love Alaska.  This will be our 4th trip. My favorite thing to do is stand on our balcony on glacier day and see the seals basking on the ice floes (which you can easily see well, even without binoculars - although I do use them).

44 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm excited, but not as excited as I probably should be.  We switched ships (from Serenade to Quantum, which bums me out), and we got spoiled with suites over the last 2 sailings, which we don't have on this one (I had a Jr Suite on Serenade, at least, lol - #spoiled). 

BUT, while I'm not super excited about the ship, we do have a goal to sail on all of Royal's ships, so we'll at least be able to tick this one off the list and never think about it again, and I always love Alaska.  This will be our 4th trip. My favorite thing to do is stand on our balcony on glacier day and see the seals basking on the ice floes (which you can easily see well, even without binoculars - although I do use them).

I have no doubt that I will enjoy watching the world go by from almost any part of the ship, especially seeing the whales and other wild life. I'm really looking forward to going to Nugget Falls and flying my drone, getting stunning video.  

Happy sailing to you!

6 hours ago, Shari3 said:

Totally agree with the feelings when you take the first steps off the gangway and onto the ship. I’m not too proud to say I shed a few tears stepping onto Oasis this past September.  

Me too! September on the Oasis was the beginning of my personal cruising restart. It was emotional coming onboard after being away for so long and being greeted by lines of crew members and officers all clapping and shouting! It was a great feeling! 

25 days until a B2B on the Wonder.  Haven't started to pack yet, but laid out some things so I won't forget them.  Looking forward to all those sea days on the T/A leg of the cruise and having  mask optional onboard.

Had a solo 10 day Mexican Riveria cruise last month and befriended a couple headliner performers with production photos,  hope the cast on Wonder will enjoy their images.   Working while cruising is the best, but cruising with friends this time is a big plus.

24 minutes ago, 4ensic said:

25 days until a B2B on the Wonder.  Haven't started to pack yet, but laid out some things so I won't forget them.  Looking forward to all those sea days on the T/A leg of the cruise and having  mask optional onboard.

Had a solo 10 day Mexican Riveria cruise last month and befriended a couple headliner performers with production photos,  hope the cast on Wonder will enjoy their images.   Working while cruising is the best, but cruising with friends this time is a big plus.

Sounds great.  Nothing like combining business with pleasure and enjoying it.  

Happy sailing to you!