How excited are you for your next cruise and what are you mostly looking forward too?

When I wake-up tomorrow morning, I'll have 49 days until my next cruise on the Ovation of the Seas, Alaska.  It's been a long dry spell.  The thing I like best about cruising is sea days.  I just love sitting in a bar, on the balcony, anywhere on the ship where I can see the Ocean, land masses, inside passages go by.  Not to mention the great tasting food and drink.  I've never enjoyed a vacation more than one on a cruise ship and Royal makes it even better.  

Well, it's my first cruise as an adult. Went on a Carnival ship in 2001 with my parents, so it's very exciting. Just hit 45 days left, going on the Oasis of the Seas. I'm pretty excited to explore the ship. I remember having a lot of fun doing that as a kid. Also really looking forward to just getting to relax and have nothing to worry about for 7 days. I couldn't work or check email even if I wanted to since we are not getting an internet package.

10 minutes ago, Lexster said:

Well, it's my first cruise as an adult. Went on a Carnival ship in 2001 with my parents, so it's very exciting. Just hit 45 days left, going on the Oasis of the Seas. I'm pretty excited to explore the ship. I remember having a lot of fun doing that as a kid. Also really looking forward to just getting to relax and have nothing to worry about for 7 days. I couldn't work or check email even if I wanted to since we are not getting an internet package.

You will really enjoy Royal Caribbean.  I get the internet package just to post pics for my friends and family to see.  Otherwise, I leave my phone in the safe in our cabin, usually.  

Happy sailing to you!

What do I most look forward to?  Sunshine!🌅  In the Pacific Northwest, it's still mostly dank and dark.  Sunshine is medicine for my soul.

And how excited am  I looking forward to my next cruise?   Tons and tons, and  So much so, I am totally envious of my Wife, who has a cruise coming up without me.  We did cruise on Odyssey, earlier this month.  I was just as excited for that cruise.🤩

I leave in 2 days on a 8 night southern on Odyssey of the seas. I’m in a aft JS for the first time, and excited to see if aft rooms are as good as everyone says. I also look forward to Aruba where I set up a horseback excursion as my wife always wanted to do on the ocean beach, then we are off to ride UTV. And most of all, not needing to wear a mask on the ship.

15 minutes ago, Templecruiser said:

I leave in 2 days on a 8 night southern on Odyssey of the seas. I’m in a aft JS for the first time, and excited to see if aft rooms are as good as everyone says. I also look forward to Aruba where I set up a horseback excursion as my wife always wanted to do on the ocean beach, then we are off to ride UTV. And most of all, not needing to wear a mask on the ship.

Aruba is such a nice island.  I was surprised, I fully expected a plush jungle type island, nope, it's a desert island.  It was beautiful though, it reminded me of when I was stationed at White Sands Missile Range, NM.  Somewhat the same terrain and I loved it there.  The built up area, where the resorts and hotels are, it's wonderfully green, lots of Palm Trees and grass.  

Happy sailing to you!

28 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

What do I most look forward to?  Sunshine!🌅  In the Pacific Northwest, it's still mostly dank and dark.  Sunshine is medicine for my soul.

And how excited am  I looking forward to my next cruise?   Tons and tons.  So much so, I am totally envious of my Wife, who has a cruise coming up without me.

Yep, my first Alaska and probably my only Alaska.  I'm really looking forward to the cruise, the ship part of it, that is.  I spent some time in the Artic, northern Norway, and I can't say I'm a big fan of that type terrain and temp.  If it wasn't for my wife wanting to go, I probably wouldn't.  Happy wife, happy life.  Our next cruise after Alaska - Aruba baby! 

Happy Sailing to you!

1 hour ago, jay1021 said:

When I wake-up tomorrow morning, I'll have 49 days until my next cruise on the Ovation of the Seas, Alaska.  It's been a long dry spell.  The thing I like best about cruising is sea days.  I just love sitting in a bar, on the balcony, anywhere on the ship where I can see the Ocean, land masses, inside passages go by.  Not to mention the great tasting food and drink.  I've never enjoyed a vacation more than one on a cruise ship and Royal makes it even better.  

The topic title only needs one (o) not two!  Duh!

In less than 3 months we will be in Aruba, which I've never visited.  I am looking forward to experiencing the videos I've seen online, but mostly dancing and dining with my wife.  Having been locked up for two years (by COVID), it will be great to have fun safely!  Also, I love the gentle rolling of ship as I walk along the deck.

6 weeks from today we make the drive down to FL to sail a Mariner 8 night to the ABC islands. It will be our first southern itinerary (been cancelled twice due to covid shutdown). I love sitting on the balcony watching the water, relaxing with my family playing card games and visiting new places. Super excited that this cruise will elevate us to Diamond status. 

7 hours ago, starbrat said:

First time sailing star class in 10 days! 

If your Genie is Marla, tell her "HI" for me.  She won't remember me though, it been a long time and she's had a lot of folks since me/us.  I hope you really enjoy the cruise and the Genie experience as much as we do.  

Happy sailing to you!

6 hours ago, FrHoffard said:

Our 1st cruise sails October 17! On Navigator to Catalina and Ensenada.   I'm looking forward to everything!  But it will be nice for it to just be the 2 of us with no teenagers or animals for a few days 😊 we have an aft balcony cabin on deck 9, hope to see some pretty views

Sometimes a cruise date with your special other and no one else, is the best.  My wife and I, just the two of us, did the Anthem cruise to Bermuda a few years ago, we really did enjoy it.  First time we realized that we could take a vacation, by ourselves, and have a really great time.

Happy sailing to you!

11 hours ago, jay1021 said:

We just got back from our first cruise since the pandemic on Anthem....wow, so amazing to be back after more than two years!

Like you, I love sea days with all the activities and just walking and sitting around the ship and watching the water.  It's so peaceful.

We usually cruise end of summer but this year we have a big Disney trip planned.....so next cruise isn't until March 2023 on Oasis.  It's a long wait but the planning lets me excited.  And at least this time, it's just "time" vs not cruising because of covid or shutdowns.  

114 days to Harmony of the Seas with the family and 147 days to Jewel of the Seas for a Bucket List/Mile-Stone cruise to the British Isles.  The Jewel is very port intensive and we have all excursions booked for each port of call and Hubby will have his 65th birthday on this cruise. We also have 302 days until NCL Pride of America around Hawaii to celebrate my 65th birthday.  We like the fact that we can fly to Hawaii instead of having 5 sea days.

23 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

In less than 3 months we will be in Aruba, which I've never visited.  I am looking forward to experiencing the videos I've seen online, but mostly dancing and dining with my wife.  Having been locked up for two years (by COVID), it will be great to have fun safely!  Also, I love the gentle rolling of ship as I walk along the deck.

Shuffle those feet a little for me

Happy sailing to you

21 minutes ago, Firefly said:

6 weeks from today we make the drive down to FL to sail a Mariner 8 night to the ABC islands. It will be our first southern itinerary (been cancelled twice due to covid shutdown). I love sitting on the balcony watching the water, relaxing with my family playing card games and visiting new places. Super excited that this cruise will elevate us to Diamond status. 

Yesssssss, watching the ocean going by is the best form of relaxation.  Love it.

Happy sailing to you!

17 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

We just got back from our first cruise since the pandemic on Anthem....wow, so amazing to be back after more than two years!

Like you, I love sea days with all the activities and just walking and sitting around the ship and watching the water.  It's so peaceful.

We usually cruise end of summer but this year we have a big Disney trip planned.....so next cruise isn't until March 2023 on Oasis.  It's a long wait but the planning lets me excited.  And at least this time, it's just "time" vs not cruising because of covid or shutdowns.  

I'm originally from Montreal.  But, I used to spend my summers in Stouffville and Richmondhill, Ontario.  That was a lot of years ago, can't believe it when I think of it.  

20 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

114 days to Harmony of the Seas with the family and 147 days to Jewel of the Seas for a Bucket List/Mile-Stone cruise to the British Isles.  The Jewel is very port intensive and we have all excursions booked for each port of call and Hubby will have his 65th birthday on this cruise. We also have 302 days until NCL Pride of America around Hawaii to celebrate my 65th birthday.  We like the fact that we can fly to Hawaii instead of having 5 sea days.

Happy sailing to you!

Screenshot 2022-03-25 073348.jpg

Screenshot 2022-03-25 073507.jpg

21 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Same cruise as the OP.

Most looking forward to - cruising again. Ovation to Alaska will be our first cruise since 2019. 

"Same cruise"?  Does that means same date too.  Look for the "handlebar" and say HI.  

Happy sailing to you!

Doesn’t matter how many I’ve done…I’m always super excited about the next one. I feel like a kid at Christmas and the ship is my special present just waiting for me under the tree. *that would be one heckuva tree! 🌲  

My favorite moment is when I take that first step off the gangway, and onto the ship. I always believed happiness is infectious (pardon the wording) and on that first day…everyone is happy!

11 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Doesn’t matter how many I’ve done…I’m always super excited about the next one. I feel like a kid at Christmas and the ship is my special present just waiting for me under the tree. *that would be one heckuva tree! 🌲  

My favorite moment is when I take that first step off the gangway, and onto the ship. I always believed happiness is infectious (pardon the wording) and on that first day…everyone is happy!

No doubt!  Happy is the order of the embarkation day, for sure.

Happy sailing to you!

32 minutes ago, jay1021 said:

"Same cruise"?  Does that means same date too.  Look for the "handlebar" and say HI.  

Happy sailing to you!

We are indeed on the same cruise. Look for the guy wearing shorts (and probably sport sandals) any time the outdoor temperature is above 50 (and cooler if it's expected to do so later in the day).

Exception - I will wear long pants to dinner.

10 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

We are indeed on the same cruise. Look for the guy wearing shorts (and probably sport sandals) any time the outdoor temperature is above 50 (and cooler if it's expected to do so later in the day).

Exception - I will wear long pants to dinner.

I'll be checking the forecast the day before we leave for Seattle.  Like you, if the temp is above 50, I'll be wearing shorts.  However, I'll be wearing shorts while indoors on "sea days".  Otherwise, I'll be backing one pair of jeans, for Ports of Call and one pair of "Slacks" for Chops Grill.  Not packing much though, Star gives you unlimited same day laundry.  

Screenshot_20210810-175946_One UI Home.jpg