Scanning seapass cards in the suite lounge

1 hour ago, GatorCruiser said:

Is it required or stated somewhere that pinnacles are supposed  to wear their pinnacle badge on their shirts? I ask cause a dude on my symphony sailing is wearing his pinnacle badge with every outfit. Perhaps vanity?

I wonder if "dude" wears it in his everyday life.  🙃

6 hours ago, Cruiser4Life said:

Maybe it depends on the ship? And how many pinnacles are on board… currently on the oasis and they aren’t doing that in the suite lounge here….

I am seeing this fella around the ship with his badge on, not in the suite lounge as I am not in a suite this cruise . Us steerage are slumming it in an ocean balcony 😜

11 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

Is it required or stated somewhere that pinnacles are supposed  to wear their pinnacle badge on their shirts? I ask cause a dude on my symphony sailing is wearing his pinnacle badge with every outfit. Perhaps vanity?

Yes, as explained in the new Pinnacle orientation. 

As someone who wears a Pinnacle badge from time to time I can tell it does open doors and generally is well received by the crew.  

Pretty sure the reason is to gauge how busy the lounge gets during peak times with Pinnacle members now allowed back in. Especially as the ship capacity ramps back up to pre-pandemic levels. Probably to see if they need to open the overflow Pinnacle lounge on each cruise.

On the Anthem, the concierge, Leo, was keeping a written record of the times guests were coming and leaving the lounge. Maybe now they are scanning cards to make it easier. Just my guesses....   

2 hours ago, BrianB said:

Pretty sure the reason is to gauge how busy the lounge gets during peak times with Pinnacle members now allowed back in. Especially as the ship capacity ramps back up to pre-pandemic levels. Probably to see if they need to open the overflow Pinnacle lounge on each cruise.

On the Anthem, the concierge, Leo, was keeping a written record of the times guests were coming and leaving the lounge. Maybe now they are scanning cards to make it easier. Just my guesses....   

Seems  reasonable to me.  The loinge hasn't been close to being full

19 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

I have heard many folks wearing their badges, as they say "I have to wear it, it is the most expensive piece of jewelry I own." 🤣

On 3/31/2022 at 12:08 PM, Midwest Cruiser said:

This will be our first time in a Suite and Sky class. Is there a protocol for bringing say another couple up to the Suite deck or To coastal kitchen for supper or is that not allowed?

Talk to the Concierge in CK. When we were in Allure we were the only couple in a GS but the Concierge arranged for our whole party of 11 to have dinner there one evening. He even arranged for all of us to attend a ‘suite only’ cocktail party on the Helipad. So it can’t hurt to ask…they can only say No. As for the Suite Lounge, not sure about that one. 

On 3/24/2022 at 7:22 PM, GatorCruiser said:

There was a good period where my wife and I thought the Pinacles were scuba sales people because they were always in the Solarium near the scuba desk with what appeared to be name tags on. 

1 hour ago, BowTieBrigade said:

There was a good period where my wife and I thought the Pinacles were scuba sales people because they were always in the Solarium near the scuba desk with what appeared to be name tags on. 

So have you heard about the PADI 5 star dive centers aboard the ships?  They offer a range of certifications and...

On 4/2/2022 at 3:30 PM, SpicyCherry said:

Talk to the Concierge in CK. When we were in Allure we were the only couple in a GS but the Concierge arranged for our whole party of 11 to have dinner there one evening. He even arranged for all of us to attend a ‘suite only’ cocktail party on the Helipad. So it can’t hurt to ask…they can only say No. As for the Suite Lounge, not sure about that one. 

I’m actually extremely surprised to hear this. I have never heard of them doing that, in fact  there is a history of people (Pinnacles and those paying for Suites).getting rather bent out of shape over issues of thinking someone might have brought family members in other cabins to the lounge and CK (much less a 8+ friends). I have never known anyone to be told anything other than a clear “no” as often people have family and friends in non-suites (even those in junior suites are only allowed to use a CK when there is “space available”).  Which concierge on Allure?

Has anyone else seen this allowed?