Sale in CruisePlanner actually not a sale at all?

Marga

Last week there was a sale in cruise planner. It said Dining packages up to 35% off.  I ended up not booking because I thought it was too expensive.

But today I looked again. The sale has ended, but the price remains exactly the same.  Is this common practice and do I need to make so kind of note of prices so I know when something is actually on sale?

Very common.  

Last week's sale on the soda package said 15% off and listed at $10.99 a person per day.

When sale ended, the soda package was $8.99.  

Disregard the "sale" title.  Look at the Cruise Planner weekly, make note of the prices regardless of the sale.  You will eventually figure out a "good" price vs. a "bad" price.

There are websites that give you an idea of the prices, including "sale" prices for various ships on various sailing lengths.  These are generally good guidelines to follow.

I always book the three meal package and the price remains the same virtually all of the time…$109…exactly. No tax, fee or gratuity added at check out. That’s the charge to my card. 
Occasionally, I’ll see a sale for the package somewhere in the $90 range. When I book it and then get to the payment page, it adds those things at check out and the final price is $109.72. Seems like a sale, but….no. 
The only problem with meal packages is not being able to make reservations until I board…so if I really want a certain date and time at a favorite specialty restaurant (Jaime’s 😋) then I’ll just pay a little more to book it separately and lock it in.