Vaccine Card Question

12 minutes ago, MeaganCM13 said:

My husband washed his vaccine card shortly after her got the second dose a year ago. So for proof of vaccination we have a print out from his doctor's office of his Immunization record, will this work as proof?

I'm just trying to understand something here.  Your Dr., has his/her own records of you (your husband) getting the shot(s).  The card is basically a thick paper form that the shot info is hand written on and the card isn't controlled or have serial numbers on it.  Why can't the Dr's office just handwrite another card?  Seems to me that if he/she or a member of his staff gave you/your husband the shot and they have a record of it, it shouldn't be a big deal, just re-do the damn card.  Geeeeesh, sometimes it's hard to like Dr's.   

10 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

See if there is a way to get that card.  I THINK in NY the doctors can access the records of the vacccines but I’d imagine there’s a way to Get  that card replaced. 

So I called the place where he got the vaccines ad they would not make an actual card but did send me a print out, with his DOB, dates of vaccines, Lot # of vaccines, and location. Crossing my fingers this works!

My hubby got his booster at our Pharmacy and he forgot his card for them to update it.  They printed all three shots on their letterhead and he didn't even get the first two shots at the pharmacy.  I took his card in the next week and they updated his card.  So I would try to see if your pharmacy could make you another one.

4 hours ago, whitsmom said:

My hubby got his booster at our Pharmacy and he forgot his card for them to update it.  They printed all three shots on their letterhead and he didn't even get the first two shots at the pharmacy.  I took his card in the next week and they updated his card.  So I would try to see if your pharmacy could make you another one.

We went to the pharmacy and they would not make him a new card. He got the vaccine at a drive through even put on by the local hospital when I called them about a new card they told me to print out the record. So I guess we'll just cross our fingers it works! It has all the same information as the card it's just on computer paper and not the little card. 

Answers from Royal Caribbean's FAQ web page:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-documents-are-accepted-as-proof-of-vaccination

According to Royal's FAQ response, pax should be OK to board with a letter as proof of vax.  See attached image, and link to the Royal FAQ topic for full info.

Proof of Vax FAQ.png

19 hours ago, jay1021 said:

I'm just trying to understand something here.  Your Dr., has his/her own records of you (your husband) getting the shot(s).  The card is basically a thick paper form that the shot info is hand written on and the card isn't controlled or have serial numbers on it.  Why can't the Dr's office just handwrite another card?  Seems to me that if he/she or a member of his staff gave you/your husband the shot and they have a record of it, it shouldn't be a big deal, just re-do the damn card.  Geeeeesh, sometimes it's hard to like Dr's.   

They can and do! I actually decided to get a fourth dose since  I’m a healthcare provider and my first ones were so early; thus I was 6 months out from even my booster. I made it my own rule and had a fourth 😂

However when I did this last week my vaccination card was in the car. So instead of me going and getting it the nurse practitioner who did the injection just pulled out the state vaccination database and put all the information on the new card with that 4th dose (lots #’s, etc).  Be nice to doctors, most of us are doing the best we can do (and many of us through a couple of rotten years - my sister is a physician who ended up with Covid twice because she was at the office without cease) 😊

13 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

They can and do! I actually decided to get a fourth dose since  I’m a healthcare provider and my first ones were so early; thus I was 6 months out from even my booster. I made it my own rule and had a fourth 😂

However when I did this last week my vaccination card was in the car. So instead of me going and getting it the nurse practitioner who did the injection just pulled out the state vaccination database and put all the information on the new card with that 4th dose (lots #’s, etc).  Be nice to doctors, most of us are doing the best we can do (and many of us through a couple of rotten years - my sister is a physician who ended up with Covid twice because she was at the office without cease) 😊

Not to make this a pissing contest, I was responding to a person that said the Drs Office would give him/her a print out, not an actual vax card.  Why not just redo the card?  What is the justification for doing just a print out and possibly create questions at the port, there shouldn't be or is very unlikely that a well established "card", would be questioned.  An employee that has never heard of a print-out or never been trained on it, will probably have questions and maybe have to get a supervisor, slowing down the whole process and can be embarrassing.  If you are like me and my wife, we have a specific leather carrying case for Passports and vax cards.  I don't want to fold up a piece of paper and put into the case and have to pull it out and unfold it, whatever.  It isn't too hard to put, the name of the Vax company, date of injections, and one other thing, I believe, and initials for each vax.    

17 minutes ago, jay1021 said:

Not to make this a pissing contest, I was responding to a person that said the Drs Office would give him/her a print out, not an actual vax card.  Why not just redo the card?  What is the justification for doing just a print out and possibly create questions at the port, there shouldn't be or is very unlikely that a well established "card", would be questioned.  An employee that has never heard of a print-out or never been trained on it, will probably have questions and maybe have to get a supervisor, slowing down the whole process and can be embarrassing.  If you are like me and my wife, we have a specific leather carrying case for Passports and vax cards.  I don't want to fold up a piece of paper and put into the case and have to pull it out and unfold it, whatever.  It isn't too hard to put, the name of the Vax company, date of injections, and one other thing, I believe, and initials for each vax.    

As I said, they can do it and will which your my opinion was directly responsive to your question  (no one was “pissing” best I can tell).

6 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

As I said, they can do it and will which your my opinion was directly responsive to your question  (no one was “pissing” best I can tell).

Last comment, apparently, at least one Dr's Office didn't/wouldn't.  Just say'in.  

Happy sailing to you!

16 hours ago, jay1021 said:

Last comment, apparently, at least one Dr's Office didn't/wouldn't.  Just say'in.  

Happy sailing to you!

So maybe just use Dr. singular, the office of the doctor. I was just letting you know that many would when you wished for that or wondered about that. How what I said could in any way be construed as argumentative / controversial I can’t imagine, but I won’t spend any more steam on it. Have a nice day.

Are the first two lines of the card he got with his booster blank?  I mean is the booster listed on the 3rd line?  My brother had exactly this.  I took the information from the print out & filled in the lines for the first 2 shots.  As long as it’s filled in with accurate information (and you have the print out to prove it) they have no idea who filled it out.  Boarding last week, they looked just long enough to see the 2 shots were listed. Although he missed the ship due to weather conditions, his card looked just like everyone else’s.

2 hours ago, MeaganCM13 said:

My doctor will not nor will the pharmacy he got his booster from. So he has a print out from his first 2 doses and a card for his booster. 

I don’t know if there’s different rules in different states about this. I know the vaccination registry different state the state. When I got the second booster and my card was in the car I was a little surprised when the NP had no problem whipping out a new one and filling it out. It may be the Luck of The Draw, but I’m sure sorry that anyone has had problems as it is such a big deal when you need it for travel 😞

35 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Are the first two lines of the card he got with his booster blank?  I mean is the booster listed on the 3rd line?  My brother had exactly this.  I took the information from the print out & filled in the lines for the first 2 shots.  As long as it’s filled in with accurate information (and you have the print out to prove it) they have no idea who filled it out.  Boarding last week, they looked just long enough to see the 2 shots were listed. Although he missed the ship due to weather conditions, his card looked just like everyone else’s.

Yes. The booster or 3rd dose (In the case of patients with lowered immunity issue who had a 3rd dose vs. booster) is on the third line.  😊

51 minutes ago, Pooch said:

No unfortunately they wrote it on the first line. and X'd out first dose and wrote booster.