Quantum of the seas iFly

FlowRider is complimentary always (aside from advanced lessons I believe).

When I was on Ovation and Odyssey last year, RipCord by iFLY had both complimentary and extra cost times. If you want to snag a free session, make sure to reserve a time slot ASAP once you get onboard through the Royal Caribbean app.

The extra cost option is a longer flight (2 minutes instead of 1) and was $49.99 last year.

This may also be dependent on departure port, though. If you are sailing on Quantum from a departure port outside of the U.S. (Asia or Australia) the fees may be different.

I'm also going on Quantum and have been wondering this. I think iFly and North Star were an extra cost when the ship sailed in Asia, but on US sailings (assuming you are also doing Alaska) it's included. But I'm not positive so I'm also interested in the answer! It might be hard to find info on Quantum specifically since it's been in Singapore the last few years, but maybe someone on another Quantum class has an answer. 

8 minutes ago, ChanaC said:

I'm also going on Quantum and have been wondering this. I think iFly and North Star were an extra cost when the ship sailed in Asia, but on US sailings (assuming you are also doing Alaska) it's included. But I'm not positive so I'm also interested in the answer! It might be hard to find info on Quantum specifically since it's been in Singapore the last few years, but maybe someone on another Quantum class has an answer. 

The North Star will probably have both free and extra cost options when Quantum sails from the US. Usually it is free while the ship is in port and costs extra while at sea.

The cost of the North Star during a sea day on my cruises last year (Alaskan and Caribbean) was $29.99 per person.

In Alaska there were also "Premium North Star Experiences" which were $49.99 per person. These were during the scenic glacier cruising days, like when we visited Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier.

The prices were the same on both Ovation and Odyssey of the Seas, so I imagine it will be similar for Quantum in Alaska this summer.

Again, make reservations ASAP once onboard if you want the free option.

In Jan 2020 out of Singapore it was free. That was back in the before times, though.

As a side note, I view iFly as a "one and done" activity.  It takes 30-60 minutes from start to finish, including suiting up, a briefing, demo, and waiting for everybody to have their turn. And all for a 60 second go, where you feel uncoordinated and rely on the instructor at all times.  It's a fun little adventure but not worthy of repeating regularly. Just my view.

8 hours ago, Courtney said:

When I first went on Quantum of the seas back in 2017 iFly and Florider were included in the cruise ship fair. I know it changes every sailing but from what I have iFly is hardly included anymore. I was wondering if anyone has cruised recently and what was/wasn't included that maybe used to be?

I just got off Odyssey of the seas. The North Star and Ifly are free on port days. The complimentary spots can be scheduled in the app and the recommendation is to do this as soon as onboard because they go fast.

We just got off Anthem.  As soon as we boarded we booked a spot for North Star ($19 per person) and iFly ($29 per person) on a sea day.

On our port day, I was able to get another spot for North Star (free).  As others have said, it's shorter and doesn't extend over the side.

When I checked later in the week, all iFly spots were totally booked...both free and pay sessions.

Also to add to the above, our kids did iFly and the session included 2 turns.  They had a blast.  

The views on North Star are pretty neat.