Did cvs just quit testing?

ive called royal 7 times, &  though some said it's okay & some said it's not okay unless it's Abbott, you can tell they just arent sure on policy.
I finally got through to someone who sounded competent in their answer. unfortunately, there isnt enough information at the moment company-wide on i-health, so it's dependent on the attendant at the terminal. She sounded like everyone at RCL knows about Abbott tests, but anything else, even if it checks all the boxes, you might run into an issue. Hopefully Royal does a better job of communicating updates on testing options to their employees because i do fear it is going to get harder to get tests as (non tourism) demand disappears.

2 hours ago, luiiismdo said:

ive called royal 7 times, &  though some said it's okay & some said it's not okay unless it's Abbott, you can tell they just arent sure on policy.
I finally got through to someone who sounded competent in their answer. unfortunately, there isnt enough information at the moment company-wide on i-health, so it's dependent on the attendant at the terminal. She sounded like everyone at RCL knows about Abbott tests, but anything else, even if it checks all the boxes, you might run into an issue. Hopefully Royal does a better job of communicating updates on testing options to their employees because i do fear it is going to get harder to get tests as (non tourism) demand disappears.

Scheduled my iHealth tests for Friday, cruise boards Sunday. Will reply back here with an update.

8 hours ago, YOLO said:

Not sure about barjpoe, but ours this Friday will be paid by insurance.  Just make sure you answer the 4 CVS questions this way: yes, no, no, no.

We used CVS for our last cruise when we could schedule two weeks out…Can only schedule now same day or one day out.  Went with Walgreens and scheduled one week out.  Get tested tomorrow morning for our next cruise so we will see how Walgreens does it.  

Ceil and I just completed our CVS PCR test for our Sunday cruise.  They said we could expect our results tomorrow night (Saturday).  Crossing my fingers now.  🤞  FYI, my health insurance covered the cost.  Again I answered the CVS questions this way: yes, no, no, no.

On 3/29/2022 at 2:18 PM, Dennis O said:

I called Royal twice and got 2 different answers, one person said they weren't sure and the other said it "should" be ok. not sure yet I want to take the chance until someone does it.

It's a crying shame that Royal seems to have a problem properly training their "phone answerers" to become reliable vacation planners.  We, the cruising public, rely on information, correct information.  We have thousands of $$$ +/- on the line, one wrong bit if information could cause missing a bought and paid for cruise.  I would think in this time of COVID (which I hope ends very soon) answers to the most basic of COVID procedural questions could/should be answered with confidence!  I'll be very happy once I set foot on the ship.  That means I'm done with the "Land Side" "phone answerers" and on the very proficient "Sea Side"/crew.  

We just did our Walgreens rapid NAAT test…Drove up the window at 1030 Hrs and they gave us the swab still in the package.  Opened it and swabbed both nostrils five times…Put it back in the package and returned it.  Got our negative email at 1125 Hrs.  Now just have to make that long nine hour drive to the port. 

9 minutes ago, Psycho and Barb said:

We just did our Walgreens rapid NAAT test…Drove up the window at 1030 Hrs and they gave us the swab still in the package.  Opened it and swabbed both nostrils five times…Put it back in the package and returned it.  Got our negative email at 1125 Hrs.  Now just have to make that long nine hour drive to the port. 

Nine hours is nothing compared to being able to board!

On 3/29/2022 at 6:29 PM, Brandon P said:

Scheduled my iHealth tests for Friday, cruise boards Sunday. Will reply back here with an update.

Brandon, I hope you are enjoying your wonderful cruise and we are all excited to hear what your experience was boarding with the iHealth test.

Our CVS is not scheduling travel tests anymore... and I noticed the Royal Caribbean tests are out of stock, due to the changing policies that are popping up now . I'm also beginning to worry about this.  I am not sure what we need to do about testing for our cruise coming up.  I only need 2 tests but Emed sell them 6 at a time. So... still looking.

27 minutes ago, VSoto said:

Our CVS is not scheduling travel tests anymore... and I noticed the Royal Caribbean tests are out of stock, due to the changing policies that are popping up now . I'm also beginning to worry about this.  I am not sure what we need to do about testing for our cruise coming up.  I only need 2 tests but Emed sell them 6 at a time. So... still looking.

I don't show that they are sold out at Optum for a 2 pack.

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-emed-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/

My CVS has changed from a quick visit and swab in the outside pod to a full Minute Clinic inside visit…which is considered a doctor’s visit, with vitals and medical history. Takes much more time. Luckily, my insurance covers it.

Then I saw that the CVS locations offering Antigen tests were being scaled back and I had to book one much further away. The day before I had to take the test, I checked the website and found that my usual CVS was now offering the Antigen tests again through the Minute Clinic and had multiple open time slots. So I just cancelled the other one.

Another reason to keep doing due diligence and keep checking for changes; schedules, itineraries, tests, masks, and especially protocols… until this thing is finally over! 

On 4/1/2022 at 10:54 AM, YOLO said:

Ceil and I just completed our CVS PCR test for our Sunday cruise.  They said we could expect our results tomorrow night (Saturday).  Crossing my fingers now.  🤞  FYI, my health insurance covered the cost.  Again I answered the CVS questions this way: yes, no, no, no.

Just got off Anthem today.  To follow up, our CVS PCR test worked out exactly as stated.  Took the test last Friday @ 10AM and received our results last Saturday @ 10PM - that's 36 hours from test to results.  I will no longer be worried about getting PCR test results in time - no need to struggle to find a rapid test in my area.  Result was sent by text message as a PDF file which I chose to print.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy...

Edited by YOLO
math error

1 hour ago, YOLO said:

Just got off Anthem today.  To follow up, our CVS PCR test worked out exactly as stated.  Took the test last Friday @ 10AM and received our results last Saturday @ 10PM - that's 18 hours from test to results.  I will no longer be worried about getting PCR test results in time - no need to struggle to find a rapid test in my area.  Result was sent by text message as a PDF file which I chose to print.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy...

You must be doing some Royal math! 

Friday morning to Saturday night is 36 hours, not 18.