Sailing at full capacity?

Hi, does anyone know if RCCL is sailing at full capacity? When I googled the question before I booked, I didn't realize it routed me to a foreign RCCL page (Singapore) which stated that they're only sailing at 50% capacity. However, when I checked the FAQ from the USA site, I don't see anything mentioned about reduced capacity. I'm just curious about what size of crowds I should expect to see. Thank you!

33 minutes ago, jonesjillian said:

Hi, does anyone know if RCCL is sailing at full capacity? When I googled the question before I booked, I didn't realize it routed me to a foreign RCCL page (Singapore) which stated that they're only sailing at 50% capacity. However, when I checked the FAQ from the USA site, I don't see anything mentioned about reduced capacity. I'm just curious about what size of crowds I should expect to see. Thank you!

RCG was hoping to return to full capacity for the spring sailing season and there have been some ships that hit that threshold recently. Expect regular capacity in the US from now on because lots of covid protocols have been reduced. 

Anthem is getting there. Even though we're at about 78% capacity, it does seem like a full cruise. But, after several months of reduced capacity, I'm really happy to be getting back to pre-shutdown cruising. It was a unique experience having so few cruisers...but it was also strange. For me, there was always a nagging feeling of worry. The masking/distancing protocols; the constant unease over onboard infections and possible quarantine; the sudden change in itineraries due to onboard numbers; vaccinated-only venues; mask on/mask off/constant masking; really weird seeing entertainers performing in the bars and lounges for no audience; Windjammer closed for dinner due to lack of guests.

But the one constant was the crew. They were so happy to be back! Excellent service with wonderful attitudes! Even though their restrictions were so much more involved than for the guests. They still did their best to make the cruise as wonderful as possible! 

I like seeing capacity increase. It means we're getting back to where we were before the shutdown. I really missed that...enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for asking this question.  I wondered the same thing.  I'm researching Caribbean cruises for Sept-Oct 2023 or Feb 2024 and I have yet to find two cabins next to each other that are available.  They don't have to be connecting, just next to each other so we can open up the balcony.  I really find it hard to believe that every cruise I've looked has no availability for two cabins next to each other.  I'm assuming that RC has cabins blocked off.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

20 minutes ago, FUNTOSAIL said:

Thanks for asking this question.  I wondered the same thing.  I'm researching Caribbean cruises for Sept-Oct 2023 or Feb 2024 and I have yet to find two cabins next to each other that are available.  They don't have to be connecting, just next to each other so we can open up the balcony.  I really find it hard to believe that every cruise I've looked has no availability for two cabins next to each other.  I'm assuming that RC has cabins blocked off.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

If you plan to book this cruise yourself on the website then perhaps you should call the Royal main number and book via a rep.  They have access to more info and possibly can find two rooms together for you.  Also…using a TA could get you those results too.  I have not used a TA but many on here swear by their resourcefulness.  I am a do it yourself booker because I enjoy it and have never had an issue…even when I call to get a lower price.