Disembarking at Ravenna/Porto Corsini

We are having similar issues getting to Ravenna from Venice, and leaving from Ravenna.  Not a lot of information available. 

Google searches show that you can take a bus, a train, or hire private transportation.  

Some have posted on this forum they secured a shuttle from Venice airport and downtown Venice to Ravenna but I can't confirm that info.

We are leaning towards private transportation to get to and from the port unless a better option materializes.

I am interested in this information as well and also what the health protocols will be for our July cruise from Venice. My daughter is studying in London this summer and I will be meeting her there and then we will fly to Venice for this cruise. I was hoping for a bit more clarity on COVID testing and transportation to the port in Ravenna before I actually book our flights.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 10:55 AM, Ojhsteacher8 said:

I am having difficulty finding how to reach Venice from the cruise port at Ravenna Porto Corsini.  I have emailed the port terminal and Royal Caribbean main site and called the Royal Caribbean number.  Anyone done this before?

I'm having the same issue, but the most cost effective method seems to be by train. A 15-20 minute taxi ride from the port to the train station is supposedly all it takes. Then one must hop on TreinItalia for the 3 hour ride to Venice (San Lucia). As you step out of the San Lucia station, you'll get a near immediate view of the Grand Canal.  The San Lucia station is supposedly about a 25 minute walk to Rialto Bridge. Now all this information is based on the 60 minute googling and youtubing I did. If anyone has any updates, please share. I was a looking at a train ride for 6 people which seemed to range from about 50 to 130 Euros.  Additionally, the trains seemed to leave every hour which sounds rather convenient. 

We've been researching this and Royal Caribbean do offer a transfer on a coach to the airport in Venice. It's pricey at £39pp each way (we were only looking at the return leg), there is no price drop for children. There are multiple times available.
You also need to have flight details for airport, we don't fly out until the following morning and whatever system they are using seems to be struggling with this. Might try and find a flight leaving that afternoon and give them those details instead and see if that makes it easier to book. You have to ring to book, you cannot do so online or over email (not a clue why!)

The other option we looked at was the train but with small children + bags we're probably going to take the hit and book with RC. 

Must admit to feeling a bit tricked that they still use Venice in the port name and it's actually not Venice and the extra hassle and costs that now entails.

We've been investigating the same thing. Since my flight home is not until the next day, the earliest shuttle they would offer to the airport was at 12:15.  I don't want to hang around the port all morning since I would then have to get from the airport to our hotel in Venice (another 30-40 min) we would basically lose the whole day in Venice.  I was going to just give them a different flight number that leaves the same day we disembark, but because I booked with a travel agent, they would not let me book the transfers myself or even tell me what times are available. I'm sure there are earlier transfers for people who have earlier flights.

RC does offer a shore excursion that visits Padua and then drops off at the airport, but again, we'd have to get from the airport to our Venice hotel.

I have read that the train to Venice involves just one change of train, but I don't want to deal with our luggage on the train (we are not packing light since this trip is at the end of my daughter's study abroad so she will extra baggage from that). We are looking at a private transfer now.