Test not accepted when boarding?

Has anyone had experience where their test is not accepted when attempting to board? We have plans to test but with the variety of test ms available in just worrying that maybe I get all the way there and the decide they don’t like ours. It feels kind of irrational but still it is stuck in my brain. 

And FYI: We used the Switch Health Antigen Test we got in Canada to take with us. We took the test on Sunday morning before leaving the ship and it was extremely easy for the 3 of us. Took about 5 minutes each with the nurse coming on video, then 15 minutes later for our results. At the border, he asked to take a look at our negative results, and we were on our way. 

Thanks to this board, we preplanned and could not have gone smoother!

I've shared this story on a few other threads, but since you've asked, I'll repeat it here.

In Galveston, I had a legitimate printout of the official test result from CVS.  There was a port agent on a power trip that refused to accept it and no amount of persuasion would convince him.  He insisted it was the cover page and didn't count. His name badge was covered, so I couldn't report him by name.  I asked for his supervisor, but he refused saying he was the highest level manager at Galveston!  Unbelievable!  Like I said, he was on a power trip.

I tried to walk him through how I got the report.  When he saw the cover page from CVS he announced that was what he needed and let me pass.

My daughter recently sailed out of Galveston.  He's still there and still on his power trip.

The lesson is to print out screen shots of everything you get from CVS!  You just don't know what they will decide is important.

Unfortunately, the system is still dependent on humans to be thoroughly trained and who have the ability to use common sense and decency.  I've found that, especially when dealing with governments agencies nd their 3rd party contractors, people are trained to be robots and are severely undertrained.  So, one "agent" at a port may give you a hard time while another may not, in the exact same situation.  So, as stated above, I'd go overboard when it deals with documented proof that is required.  Don't assume anything.  If the government sends you something through the mail, email, carrier pigeon, whatever, bring it all  but have originals/copies at home.  Take names, times, dates, locations.  One thing government agencies do well is, covering their own ass, so document everything, they are.  I'd even have copies of the linked webpages that I linked to above in my phone available to show where I get my information.  This is coming from a retired U.S. Government investigator.  

I've been on two cruises in the last month. no issues with CDC vaccine card or rapid antigen test proof (I printed it vs having on phone). We needed to show twice, once outside of terminal and once at check in. They were barely glanced at.

Also the first person to look at your vaccine card and proof of negative test is a Port Agent outside the terminal. If there are issues there I would ask to speak with someone from RC. 

I will be arriving from the UK on wed 30th march to join wonder of the seas on Fri 1st April and have no idea how or where to get an antigen test from for the pre cruise test 

I am able to take an antigen test at the UK airport but so stressed and worried that it won't be accepted 

These tests are permitted for arrival in to the USA so assuming they will be ok for the precruise

Please help?

9 hours ago, Marc Van Niekerk said:

Unfortunately we cannot get them in Canada. 

I got one of these tests from another passenger after one of my switch health tests failed me, was so excited not to have to scramble to find a testing location, only to find out you cannot download their App to a Canadian SIM card. By then I was already at my hotel, so off we went to Lab doc and spent $70US 😞 

22 hours ago, Button14 said:

I will be arriving from the UK on wed 30th march to join wonder of the seas on Fri 1st April and have no idea how or where to get an antigen test from for the pre cruise test 

I am able to take an antigen test at the UK airport but so stressed and worried that it won't be accepted 

These tests are permitted for arrival in to the USA so assuming they will be ok for the precruise

Please help?

I send you a private message

23 hours ago, Button14 said:

Please help?

We are going out May.

Via British Airways website I found a company call Qured. They do the fit to fly supervised tests for approx. £30. They are approved and recognised by CDC so I plan to take these with me to the USA and complete whilst out in the states as we are holidaying over a week before we sail in Miami.

Hope this helps you.

On 3/23/2022 at 9:23 AM, Marc Van Niekerk said:

Thanks everyone.  I feel better that we have scheduled our tests at Shoppers here in Canada and that seems to be a common and proven from the replies.  I'd just hate to get all the way to Fort Lauderdale and have trouble.

My family of 6 all used Shoppers, yes it’s more pricey than Rexall, Costco etc. but like someone mentioned - all it takes is one person to be on a power trip and turn you away. The Shoppers travel paper is all typed and very detailed with official sticker etc … it honestly looks way more legit and professional than the others (and I did my research) … not to say others won’t be accepted (I know they were last week). But personally, it was not a chance I was willing to take!!