Tipping Concierge & Room Attendant??

KimL

1 hour ago, KimL said:

Staying in a Sky Class suite, won our Royal Up! Wondering how much we should tip our Concierge and our room attendant?

Symphony of the Seas in 3 days!!

Thank you. 

Wondering about concierge as well. We're also in sky class (CL suite ) on Symphony in 3 days

1 hour ago, KimL said:

Staying in a Sky Class suite, won our Royal Up! Wondering how much we should tip our Concierge and our room attendant?

Thank you. 

IMHO tipping is personal......but I will share what my party did.

We only had the concierge schedules our shows and CK dinners before we boarded. Never used them again but I left $30. We gave the room attendant $20 to start and another $140 when we departed. It was a 7n cruise and we felt $20 a day was acceptable.

3 hours ago, KimL said:

Thank you. 

There is no right or wrong answer! Its what you decide to do.

There will be people who leave very little because they prepay others will say they leave $1000 per person in cabin. Leave what you feel comfortable and happy with 

I always battle with how much to tip certain crew members.  I like to travel with many $2.00 bills (I found that crew members like getting $2.00 bills, it's kinda unique for them) (it's getting harder and harder to find $2.00 bills, my bank (CU) wont get them for me anymore.  I will give a beverage deliverer a $2.00 bill, remember, that's above and beyond the 18% that is automatically added to your check.  The room Steward also get's tip money from your prepaid tips or that is automatically added to your cabin balance each day.  So, I will tip the steward, starting at $20.00 per day and it goes up or down from there.  If the tip goes down, I'll make sure I let the Steward know why.  I believe in feedback.  I'm always anxious about how much to give to a Genie.  I don't know for sure but I've heard, (I'll ask my Genie in May) that a Genie is actually a Ship's Officer in rank and paid as such.  So, they make a good amount of money to begin with, I've heard, not that that should change how I judge good service or not.  With the Genie, I usually tip $100.00 per person in the room, again, that could go up or down.  Some say that $100.00 per person, per day.  I think that is a little much.  

So, as stated earlier, tiping is a personal thing.