Uh...Check-in Closed for cruise 47 days from now?

Lexster

So...for over a month now the Royal app has been saying that I can check-in March 23rd. Then it said March 24th. A few days ago, it said the 23rd again and now today it's been saying "Check-in closed" and to check in 90 minutes before departure. What gives? Has anyone else seen this? How do I check-in if the app won't let me?

2 hours ago, Lexster said:

So...for over a month now the Royal app has been saying that I can check-in March 23rd. Then it said March 24th. A few days ago, it said the 23rd again and now today it's been saying "Check-in closed" and to check in 90 minutes before departure. What gives? Has anyone else seen this? How do I check-in if the app won't let me?

Saw the same thing last week....at 46 days out...said "check-in closed" most of the day, but at 12:03am it opened up. I'm waiting until 12:03am tonight to check-in for my 2nd leg. As of now, it says "Check-In Closed". But I'm hopeful....

7 minutes ago, SpicyCherry said:

I was able to check-in on the App at 12:03am for my sailing but wasn't able to view my SetSail Pass. Is that because It's the 2nd leg of a B2B? Anybody know?

2nd leg of B2B you will get a set sail pass onboard after your first week. They assembl all B2B guests and have customs/immigration? Come in and look at your passport.  You’ll get your new set sail pass at that “meeting”

10 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

2nd leg of B2B you will get a set sail pass onboard after your first week. They assembl all B2B guests and have customs/immigration? Come in and look at your passport.  You’ll get your new set sail pass at that “meeting”

Do you also have to take a COVID test at this point or earlier during the cruise, for your 2nd leg?

7 minutes ago, Lexster said:

Okay, well...it never opened for me last night and still says Check-in is closed. I'm hoping tonight will be the one since the app had been saying March 24th was when it was open, too.

What ship? If the ship isn't currently sailing check-in may be delayed until closer to when it is back in service. 

5 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Looks like one more day before you can check in.  Tonight right after midnight EST should be your bewitching hour to checkin.

Yeah, I'm hoping. It was confusing because for over a month, it said check-in was March 24th, bit then it said the 23rd for awhile and then yesterday it said check-in was closed.

6 minutes ago, EmptyNestTravels said:

Check-in for my upcoming May 7th cruise opened at midnight last night (45 days out).  Check-in didn't show as available at first. I kept refreshing, and was able to check in at about 12:05 am.  If your cruise is May 8th, perhaps you will be able to check-in after midnight tonight?

Thanks, I'll be checking for sure. Did you use the app or the website?

6 minutes ago, mcfo said:

I am an NCL cruiser generally. Is there an advantage to checking in right at 45 days out for RCL as opposed to 30 days or closer to cruise?

Yes, checking in at 45 days means better chance at an earlier times.

There are limited check in time slots

54 minutes ago, mcfo said:

I am an NCL cruiser generally. Is there an advantage to checking in right at 45 days out for RCL as opposed to 30 days or closer to cruise?

From what I understand, check-in times are first-come-first-serve, so checking in as early as possible gives you more options on times. I'd like a time as early as possible.