Drinks Package

We are booked on the Oasis of the seas on 28th August 2022. Currently the Deluxe drinks package is $65.99 per person 'on sale'. I know the prices go up and down a lot. Anybody know if thats a good price or should I hold out and hope it goes down a bit more. I am in Canada so the refunding and buying the package again if the price drops isn't so easy for us as the credit card companies like to take their cut every time there's a transaction either paying or refunding . Thanks for any info.

1 hour ago, chris watson said:

We are booked on the Oasis of the seas on 28th August 2022. Currently the Deluxe drinks package is $65.99 per person 'on sale'. I know the prices go up and down a lot. Anybody know if thats a good price or should I hold out and hope it goes down a bit more. I am in Canada so the refunding and buying the package again if the price drops isn't so easy for us as the credit card companies like to take their cut every time there's a transaction either paying or refunding . Thanks for any info.

That is a great price.  You will not see it much lower than that.  Maybe in the far future when the cruise lines have recovered some losses it may go down.  The demand right now is high as people are just glad to be back cruising again.

On another note.  Every time I have canceled and rebooked in CDN dollars I have never been charged a fee from the credit card company.

I'd always buy a package that interests me and seems to be a good price, even if not necessarily the best it could be.  As stated, you can always cancel and re-purchase at a better price.  I don't know of any C.C. company that still charges you any type of charges if the originating company is refunding/crediting you the entire amount.  MAYBE, it's time to look for a different C.C. company, Canadian or not.  JMHO.  

15 hours ago, Bean79 said:

Since re-buying is such a headache, I would just buy at a price I am ok with. It will always be cheaper than the on-board price.

For what it's worth the cancel and rebuy has gotten MUCH better with the latest updates to the site.  Refund still takes 5-7 days but the transaction is much more streamlined.

16 hours ago, chris watson said:

This has been said before, but when looking at the price, instead of just looking at the $65.99 pricetag consider the difference between that and the price of the refreshment package.  If you know you will get the refreshment package (for the bottled water, use of your soda cup etc) consider the difference between the two the "real" price of the alcohol.