Thermal Spa?

KLA

It looks like Thermal Spa passes are still available on my sailing - I know that these are pretty popular, but I've never been to one or seen one. What's typical use for these and does anyone have positive/negative experiences on board (Symphony)?

I have never used them but my wife is a big thermal spa user (gets the pass on every cruise) and I have toured them. Unfortunately, the thermal spa is the one area where Royal does not even come close to the other cruise lines. While other lines offer thalasotherapy pools and whirlpools in the thermal spa (along with the heated stone beds, various showers, and steam and cold rooms), Royal only has the heated stone beds, showers, and steam rooms. 

That being said my wife does still get the pass when we cruise Royal and still enjoys it. 

4 hours ago, KLA said:

What's typical use for these and does anyone have positive/negative experiences on board (Symphony)?

It's up to you to use. It's basically a pass to access the thermal spa area as much as you like.

Depending on how many people buy it and of course actually use it, it can be empty or crowded.

My husband and I had the thermal pass on Symphony two weeks ago and it was worth it. It was very relaxing. We  went different times of the day and it was empty. Our ship had about 3,700 passengers. We also booked a couples massage and the bathing ritual which is their hot tub experience. 

• 2 weeks later...

I booked it for my wife and I for a cruise leaving out of New York in the winter. There are heated chairs, a dry and wet sauna, and a tropical shower. It was a nice place to go and relax away from everyone. The next week I was on the ship solo and booked it again and went there at least once a day to just read and relax. Felt refreshed after doing the sauna and the shower. I'm a little skeptical at how often it was actually cleaned, however. But it was nice to go there before they closed and relax a little before bed. 

• 3 weeks later...

Never sailed RCL before.  So do they have any steam/sauna options without the pass? Last cruise we were on, we were 1 floor below the spa.  I would run up in the morning and get some steam/sauna time and then get a shower (in the spa area).  The shower was so much more spacious than the room (I'm 6'4").  DW is not really a fan of the steam room or sauna so I was hoping to get some time in the early morning while she is drinking her tea.

So I guess my question is available options without having to purchase a day or week long pass.