Bringing wine on embarkation day

Johar4469

We will be going on RC for the first time in May. However, on other cruise ships, I have filled my wine glass in my cabin and then walked to the dining room. They don't mind as you could have walked from one of the bars. It helps save a little bit of money when ordering wine with dinner if you are starting with a glass of wine from your cabin.

On 3/22/2022 at 8:10 AM, Johar4469 said:

If we were to bring wine with us on board do we have to drink it in the restaurant.  I know they charge a corkage fee or something but what of we just drink it at night in our room.  Also I'm guessing I can't bring a wine opener can i

You can bring a wine opener.  We usually pack a couple of them with us.  

On 3/22/2022 at 7:10 AM, Johar4469 said:

If we were to bring wine with us on board do we have to drink it in the restaurant.  I know they charge a corkage fee or something but what of we just drink it at night in our room.  Also I'm guessing I can't bring a wine opener can i

Didn't get charged a corking fee in either of the specialty restaurants we took our sparkling wine too. (Sept 2021 - Odyssey)

I was worried about it and we did try to open the wine in our room but the cork in the first bottle tore; the second bottle I had to run back to get after we had already started dinner so no time to open it before hand.