Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise hotel

cwtom

I'm looking to book a hotel in Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise. Sailing on Harmony Feb 11th. We have stayed in the Atlantic before and although its ranked a 5 star, it wasn't worth the money. Looking for other suggestions, 4 stars and higher only. Many thanks!

The Atlantic is a REALLY NICE hotel so my guess is if that hotel was not up to par then the only real choice would be the Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale Beach.

We stayed in Atlantic when we cruised in September, but the price was around $280 USD at that time. It has since gone up to $400+ (perhaps time of year), and I'm not really willing to spend that much this time around! I found the hotel to be dusty and not all that modern.

Cambria Suites was quite lovely. Here's an overview of it when I stayed there: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/02/21/allure-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-1-embarkation-day

I just started there this past weekend and while it may have been better in the past, it was deplorable this time around after two previous good experiences with the hotel. They are undergoing renovations, so perhaps this is only a temporary situation. The room I was assigned should not have been assigned to anyone in my opinion, but they did they the situation by refunding our first night without being asked. As a result, I'd give them another chance, especially once the renovations are done.