Harmony Solarium Bistro

Rfloyd7522

no solarium bistro on symphony last week and windjammer was closed for two hours at different times of the day, sometimes didn't open until 5 or 6?  was a very poor dining experience all around except for one night at 150 central park, which was outstanding.  they very clearly did not have enough staff to serve the number of passengers and very likely had many of their best and brightest on wonder to make her fully staffed and wow the media blitz, spring breakers booked on her.

2 hours ago, dr martini said:

no solarium bistro on symphony last week and windjammer was closed for two hours at different times of the day, sometimes didn't open until 5 or 6?  was a very poor dining experience all around except for one night at 150 central park, which was outstanding.  they very clearly did not have enough staff to serve the number of passengers and very likely had many of their best and brightest on wonder to make her fully staffed and wow the media blitz, spring breakers booked on her.

I thought the Windjammer always closes a few hours. It has been that way on every sailing I did since restart. It would close around 3:30/4 and open for dinner at 6pm to 9ish

yes @Ampurp85 that's correct, but there are two sides of the windjammer, park cafe closed at overlapping hours, solarium bistro was never open....the only options available for two hours were pizza slices and wraps.  the line in the promenade would grow ridiculously long, kids and babies needs snacks (and obviously other folks too).

i have my cruise compasses all saved with these hours listed, if i get some free time today i'll send them in to get them uploaded.

19 hours ago, dr martini said:

I think you are 100% correct. I was on the Wonder March 18th sailing and the Windjammer was open most of the time. They also had alot of staff in the windjammer even just walking around getting drinks. It was obvious they wanted to make sure there were no hiccups with Wonder. Its too bad they made Symphony and other ships suffer because of this. 

1 hour ago, dr martini said:

but there are two sides of the windjammer, park cafe closed at overlapping hours, solarium bistro was never open....the only options available for two hours were pizza slices and wraps.  the line in the promenade would grow ridiculously long, kids and babies needs snacks (and obviously other folks too).

i have my cruise compasses all saved with these hours listed, if i get some free time today i'll send them in to get them uploaded.

What about El Loco Fresh and Boardwalk Doghouse? Typically they're open during the days until early dinner time or so.  Usually a quick option to grab in those inbetween times. I think a lot of folks often forget about those options unless they're up on the sports deck or down on the Boardwalk.

No El Loco Fresh on Harmony.  There’s Mini Bites on the sports deck but we stopped there on day 1.  I tried what they label as meatballs.  Never spit out food so fast in my life!  As my 4 year old granddaughter would say, DISGUSTING!!!  I’m sure there were other, better choices but I never went back.

On 3/30/2022 at 9:43 AM, AshleyDillo said:

What about El Loco Fresh and Boardwalk Doghouse? Typically they're open during the days until early dinner time or so.  Usually a quick option to grab in those inbetween times. I think a lot of folks often forget about those options unless they're up on the sports deck or down on the Boardwalk.

Mmmmm, El Loco Fresh

homer drool GIF

We are on the Ovation in 38 days.  The other couple that is going with us have never cruised on Royal before.  We have talked up Royal and Star Class for over a year now.  We've sent them links to Youtube videos, explained how the Genie takes care of the specialty restaurants, the theatre, well, just about everything.  So, I'm hoping that everything goes as we hope and everything is open and functioning as advertised.  It will be awfully embarrassing and disappointing to me if it doesn't.  

It will be what it will be (cue Doris Day). Some things you just can’t control.  I’d been hyping our Harmony cruise to my brother for 22 months & most of you know how that turned out ☹️.  Get on the ship.  Enjoy whatever is available.  Don’t stress on what’s not.  Have a great time!