This Covid-19 testing thing is convoluted...

From reading on the website it states that you must show proof of a covid 19 negative test within 2 days of sailing and or PCR test 3 days before sailing. Now, my cruise is scheduled for Saturday to leave, I am off on Friday so I was thinking of getting a rapid test done then (I've had it before and usually comes back in 20-30 minutes). The one guy on the phone told me that it had to be 2 days before sailing? but not before? What doesn't make sense to me is why can't it be "within" the 2 days you will be sailing? Wouldn't a more recent test be better? Thing is I work that week and I am only off Friday, I also don't get out of work until pass those testing center times... 

If your cruise leaves on Friday, as a vaccinated person, you can get test done on Friday, Thursday or Wednesday.

Unvaccinated kids can get test done Thursday, Wednesday or Tuesday.

1 hour ago, g.j.martin said:

Thing is I work that week and I am only off Friday, I also don't get out of work until pass those testing center times... 

Get the at-home test. You can do it from work in about 20 mins total without leaving your desk

1 hour ago, Matt said:

If your cruise leaves on Friday, as a vaccinated person, you can get test done on Friday, Thursday or Wednesday.

Unvaccinated kids can get test done Thursday, Wednesday or Tuesday.

Get the at-home test. You can do it from work in about 20 mins total without leaving your desk

@Matthave been reading a lot about the proctor option for the I-Health tests the government sent out (the ones In the orange and white boxes) 

https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service

Any word on whether or not Royal will accept this? It seems to check all the boxes. 

20 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

A COVID test is just a "snapshot" in time, that actual time of the test, not a day or two before or what could happen a day or two after.  I can get tested now with a negative result and contract the virus 5 minutes later.  So, I don't believe anything that says there is a minimum time or a "drop dead" time frame (a no sooner time frame) you can take it before the cruise.  In fact, I believe that the closer to embarkation you get tested, the better off everybody is, that's not a suggestion though, it's tough enough to get the tests now with the 2 day standard (which is actually/virtually 3 days).

Edited by jay1021
Disregard the quote

19 hours ago, jay1021 said:

A COVID test is just a "snapshot" in time, that actual time of the test, not a day or two before or what could happen a day or two after.  I can get tested now with a negative result and contract the virus 5 minutes later.  So, I don't believe anything that says there is a minimum time or a "drop dead" time frame (a no sooner time frame) you can take it before the cruise.  In fact, I believe that the closer to embarkation you get tested, the better off everybody is, that's not a suggestion though, it's tough enough to get the tests now with the 2 day standard (which is actually/virtually 3 days).

I'm very aware of that. Unfortunately, for some of non US cruisers is very difficult to take a test just before the cruise, so we have to plan ahead.

Thank you. 

14 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

I'm very aware of that. Unfortunately, for some of non US cruisers is very difficult to take a test just before the cruise, so we have to plan ahead.

Thank you. 

I didn't mean to quote you.  If you look, you'll see that I edited it to try to delete the quote.  It was meant to be a general statement to every/anybody.