Western Caribbean shore excursions

CruiseDiva

We did the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins in Costa Maya and it was fantastic! Next time, though, we'll probably do something else (it's not one I'd necessarily want to do more than once). 

In Cozumel, we were originally booked on a snorkeling-off-a-boat thing, but it was cancelled, so we did a clear kayak/beach snorkel/beach time thing, and it was great. 

I haven't been to Roatan, but several people I know say that it's the best snorkeling they've ever experienced. 

Just got back from a cruise with that itinerary. Didn't go through Trip Advisor so can't help with that question.

Booked a day pass at El Cozumeleno. Great service and food. Lots of others speak highly of Nachi Cocum or Mr. Sanchos. 

Also did the Chacchoben ruins in Costa Maya. Went through a company called Native Choice. A little ways from the port to get to them, but great service and tour. 

If you have animal lovers in the family, my wife and kids are still raving about an excursion they did that let them play with iguanas, sloths and monkeys. Like @skittermagoo, have also heard good things about the snorkeling there.