Debarking between B2B sailings

Jacqui057

We will be doing a re po cruise on Anthem in Oct finishing at Cape Liberty,we are then doing a back to back cruise on Anthem to Orlando and Coco.Can anyone tell me are you able to debark at Cape Liberty for the day ? Are there any excursions arranged for passengers that are continuing on the same ship later that day? 

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to Debarking between B2B sailings

Between B2B cruises you can debark and visit the city.  Royal does not offer excursion targeted at B2B cruisers. 

You will be required to be back on board and complete your eMuster like all new cruisers joining the ship that day.  All B2B cruisers must complete the safety briefing on each leg of their cruises before the ship can sail.

Similar question, except DH & DD are planning on a laundry run in Bayonne (maybe, still haven't decided).  Might see if it is cheaper/easier to do a "bag's worth" when they have the special -- just for undies & t shirts though, don't want any of my good clothes going thru that

Can they disembark early, leaving me & other DD behind (other DD is in a wheelchair, & I may have a scooter)?  If they do, will I be able to get wheelchair assistance for her to another location once we are "released" to return to the ship? Do you actually disembark, or are you allowed to stay on the ship?

29 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

Similar question, except DH & DD are planning on a laundry run in Bayonne (maybe, still haven't decided).  Might see if it is cheaper/easier to do a "bag's worth" when they have the special -- just for undies & t shirts though, don't want any of my good clothes going thru that

Can they disembark early, leaving me & other DD behind (other DD is in a wheelchair, & I may have a scooter)?  If they do, will I be able to get wheelchair assistance for her to another location once we are "released" to return to the ship? Do you actually disembark, or are you allowed to stay on the ship?

Once a B2B guest debarks the ship they have to return with the new cruisers that board that day.  You have to wait until the ship is cleared to board and go through security just like everyone else.  The only step you get to skip is checking in since you'll already have a Seapass card.  

Royal doesn't offer wheelchair pushers to move wheelchair bound guests around the ship.  They can assist on boarding day and debark day getting on and off the ship on the steep gangways.  Other than that wheelchair guests are required to get themselves around the ship for the balance of the cruise. 

For consecutive cruisers CBP usually requires all consecutive cruisers to leave the ship, go through CBP processing in the terminal and then once CBP clears the ship, consecutive cruisers are let back on first soon followed by the masses.  During the consecutive cruiser process they will have wheelchair pushers available to assist getting you through the B2B process.  Once back on board you will be on your own.    

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Once a B2B guest debarks the ship they have to return with the new cruisers that board that day.  You have to wait until the ship is cleared to board and go through security just like everyone else.  The only step you get to skip is checking in since you'll already have a Seapass card.  

Royal doesn't offer wheelchair pushers to move wheelchair bound guests around the ship.  They can assist on boarding day and debark day getting on and off the ship on the steep gangways.  Other than that wheelchair guests are required to get themselves around the ship for the balance of the cruise. 

For consecutive cruisers CBP usually requires all consecutive cruisers to leave the ship, go through CBP processing in the terminal and then once CBP clears the ship, consecutive cruisers are let back on first soon followed by the masses.  During the consecutive cruiser process they will have wheelchair pushers available to assist getting you through the B2B process.  Once back on board you will be on your own.    

That's the main issue -- getting both of us off & back on if DH & DD leave early.  Plus, we can't keep our rooms -- just decided to pull the trigger on the 2nd leg, so will be moving rooms also - same deck, but down the hall a bit. I think I may persuade him that only one of them can leave the ship, otherwise it will be too difficult.

On 3/20/2022 at 9:20 PM, twangster said:

Between B2B cruises you can debark and visit the city.  Royal does not offer excursion targeted at B2B cruisers. 

You will be required to be back on board and complete your eMuster like all new cruisers joining the ship that day.  All B2B cruisers must complete the safety briefing on each leg of their cruises before the ship can sail.

What about COVID tests?  Are they administered by RCCL near the end of the first sailing?