Hotel suggestions? Leaving out of Miami.

Gingy5

We are leaving on our first cruise January 20th.  We are arriving a day earlier and need to book a hotel. Any suggestions?  We are looking for a decent place, clean and close to somewhere we can have a nice dinner.  Maybe with shuttle service to airport or port?  Any first hand recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you!

It may be pricier than you may be looking for, but I'm very fond of the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay and have stayed there for all 3 of the cruises I've had out of Miami (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miabb-miami-marriott-biscayne-bay/).  

One of the features I'm very fond of is that it overlooks the port and if you can get a port facing room you can watch the ships coming in and going out (ships turn around at the end of the causeway and if you have the right room you can watch them the whole time).  You will pay extra for one of these rooms, but it may be worth it if you've never watched these ships maneuver.  There is a small mall attached to the hotel that has a couple of food options, plus the hotel has a restaurant, as well.  The hotel has a good pool with a bar poolside.

There is a free tram across the street (http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/metromover.asp) that can take you over to Bayside Marketplace that has plenty of food options, including the Hard Rock Miami and plenty of Cuban or other delicacies.  You can also take a taxi to the Bayside Marketplace.  It's fairly close, so not expensive. If you do use the tram, you'll board at the Adrienne Arsht Center and change trams at College North to get to the College/Bayside terminal (or just get off at College North and walk a couple of extra blocks).  I've done both and both are convenient. Going back you can board at College/Bayside and get back to Adrienne Arsht Center directly.  Look at the maps.  It sounds harder than it is.  I usually use the tram to get to the marketplace and taxi back to the hotel, just for convenience.  

You'll need to get a taxi to the port, as well, but it's fairly close, so not expensive.

Getting from the airport to the hotel will also like require a taxi or shuttle service.

It's been a couple of years since my last Miami cruise, so I'm not sure what the prices of the taxis or shuttle are now, but as I recall it was never overly pricey.