Glitch on the App: 7 nights of Dining listed on a 6 night cruise?

KDK

Hi! I'm going on Allure of the Seas on April 10 and am trying to figure out my dining preferences and schedule. On the app, on Day 2, it only lists the kids' entrees, but then the dinner is listed from day 3-day 7. The only problem is that day 7 is our disembarkation day, so there actually isn't a dinner that night. For night "7" they are listing lobster tails. Can I safely assume that they actually are having the lobster tails on night 6 and I should just push back the menu choices by a day? (I am not sure if I am articulating this in any clear way, apologies if I'm not!)

9 hours ago, KDK said:

Hi! I'm going on Allure of the Seas on April 10 and am trying to figure out my dining preferences and schedule. On the app, on Day 2, it only lists the kids' entrees, but then the dinner is listed from day 3-day 7. The only problem is that day 7 is our disembarkation day, so there actually isn't a dinner that night. For night "7" they are listing lobster tails. Can I safely assume that they actually are having the lobster tails on night 6 and I should just push back the menu choices by a day? (I am not sure if I am articulating this in any clear way, apologies if I'm not!)

You can never really be sure until you are on board. Generally the menus shown on the app reflect those of the current sailing, which is an 8-night cruise, so while they serve to give you an idea they are not entirely reliable. If you wait until the 27th of March, that sailing is the same as yours, so checking the app then should give you a much better idea.

Another thing to bear in mind is that, often, there will be a special menu on a holiday (I'm not sure if Good Friday will be classed as such) and this can mess up the other menus too.

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

You can never really be sure until you are on board. Generally the menus shown on the app reflect those of the current sailing, which is an 8-night cruise, so while they serve to give you an idea they are not entirely reliable. If you wait until the 27th of March, that sailing is the same as yours, so checking the app then should give you a much better idea.

Another thing to bear in mind is that, often, there will be a special menu on a holiday (I'm not sure if Good Friday will be classed as such) and this can mess up the other menus too.

Thank you! That is really helpful to know. It was confusing to me that it was constantly changing. I do hope that the duck stays on my menu, because that is my absolute favorite!

1 hour ago, KDK said:

Thank you! That is really helpful to know. It was confusing to me that it was constantly changing. I do hope that the duck stays on my menu, because that is my absolute favorite!

My pleasure. I'm glad I was able to help. Hope you have a great cruise and get to enjoy your duck. 😊

On 3/20/2022 at 11:39 AM, KDK said:

I was on Symphony last month and was really looking forward to the duck.  It was listed on the menu, but our waiter said unfortunately they didn’t get their duck shipment and had none to make and they were replacing it with a chicken dish.  I ordered it.  They used the leg and thigh of the chicken and cooked/served it like a duck dish.  I was very happy with it.

3 hours ago, need2cruz said:

I was on Symphony last month and was really looking forward to the duck.  It was listed on the menu, but our waiter said unfortunately they didn’t get their duck shipment and had none to make and they were replacing it with a chicken dish.  I ordered it.  They used the leg and thigh of the chicken and cooked/served it like a duck dish.  I was very happy with it.

Chicken l'orange! I could do that! Thanks for sharing your story.