Three Ships, One Perfect day at Coco Cay? Maybe?

madrigal singer

My husband and I will be on the Harmony sailing from June 19 to the 26th in 2022. Our day in Coco Cay is on the 20th, along with Allure and the Explorer. I can't find another post about three ships, two Oasis class sized, in Coco Cay on one day. Are we going to be able to get a chair anywhere? We were really looking forward to the thrill park and the pool but have decided not to do the thrill park as we're sure the crowds will make it a bad deal, but what about everything else?

• 2 weeks later...

We are on the same sailing and have searched online but also can't find any other indication that three ships have ever docked at Coco Cay before. I have searched through their schedule for the rest of 2022 and June 20 is the only instance this occurs. Others have said that it is only possible to dock two ships there so one would have to tender. I can't imagine an Oasis ship tendering there. I also can't imagine if all three ships are close to capacity (5000-6000 each for Allure and Harmony, 3000-4000 for Explorer) that the island can handle the crowds since the max there is supposedly 10,000 to 12,000.

23 hours ago, Hotwheels said:

Where would they tender to?  The tender dock was removed in the remodel.  

I thought having Wonder and Freedom was a lot of people two weeks ago.  The waterpark was PACKED with long lines.  We ended up back on Freedom and the empty pool.  🙂

How sick did wonder look? Can’t wait to see her in December! 

So, Thrill Water Park is sold out now. We will be on the Allure sailing June 19, 2022.  This is the main reason we booked this cruise:  Thrill Water park.  We have been to the other ports several times.  I know it may be crowded. But, do you think tickets may open up closer to sailing?  Getting my hopes up.  Is it worth getting off the boat?

21 hours ago, twangster said:

There won't be 3 ships.  

We've seen this before and one ship always has had an itinerary change or some 3rd party site that predicted the ships in port was simply wrong.  

It's not just a third party site showing this... The actual RC itineraries for each ship all show 7AM arrivals to Coco Cay on June 20, 2022. 

I'm hoping for an itinerary change for one of this ships, but we're now under 90 days out and no change to any of them. Obviously the only way it could happen would be if one ship tendered, but if there's no tender dock then it shouldn't be possible.

1 hour ago, Waffle555 said:

It's not just a third party site showing this... The actual RC itineraries for each ship all show 7AM arrivals to Coco Cay on June 20, 2022. 

I'm hoping for an itinerary change for one of this ships, but we're now under 90 days out and no change to any of them. Obviously the only way it could happen would be if one ship tendered, but if there's no tender dock then it shouldn't be possible.

One ship will have an itinerary change.  They can't dock 3 ships there, they don't have tender facilities.  There will only be two ships that day.  We've seen this before.  

2 hours ago, Waffle555 said:

Royal shows a generic itinerary on the main page with "Port order varies by date" in the fine print.  So all 6 night cruises that stop in Cococay, St Martin, and Nassau fall under the same search regardless of the order of those stops.  They do this so you aren't overwhelmed with options.  The third party websites then use those generic itineraries to generate their port information which is how they end up showing 3 ships at Cococay on the same day.  You have to actually start through the process of booking the cruise to find the actual dates and order of ports.

You can get more reliable information for major ports because those schedules are published by the ports themselves.  For example, you can visit the Port of Miami homepage to see who will be there but you can't do that for Cococay because Royal doesn't publish that info for their private island.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 10:00 AM, gredmond said:

So, Thrill Water Park is sold out now. We will be on the Allure sailing June 19, 2022.  This is the main reason we booked this cruise:  Thrill Water park.  We have been to the other ports several times.  I know it may be crowded. But, do you think tickets may open up closer to sailing?  Getting my hopes up.  Is it worth getting off the boat?

Allure will be at Cococay on June 23rd (unless it changes yet again.) Presently there are tickets available for Thrill Waterpark. 

Edited by FireFishII