NAVICA

Leighq

If you're not going to print the NAVICA results in hard copy to take with you to the port, suggest you take a screen shot of the results from the NAVICA app to keep on your phone in case there is a poor cell signal or no Wi-Fi at the port.  Just to be doubly safe, I always print a hard copy and also take a screen shot because I don't want any reason to not be able to show clear results at the terminal.  😀.   Enjoy your cruise! 

29 minutes ago, Leighq said:

So I am testing Wednesday 🤞🤞🤞and using NAVICA as with my husband how will the paperwork look since I am doing it at home with a person on a webcam?

Yes, you will get an e-mail from eMed and can print a copy as well... this is what it looks like within the Navica app...

Navica_01.thumb.jpg.453c28d16d8b1186841b6cede56b4eb7.jpg

Navica_02.thumb.jpg.23d92756dd7920da2830e5920d7dfd9b.jpg

7 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

We just did our first emed tests.  I cannot believe that is considered "proctoring".  "Hey we'll check in in 15 minutes'

Compared to Walgreens sort of watching you through the drive thru window? 🤣

One of these times I’m going to move the card during those 15 minutes…

43 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Yes, you will get an e-mail from eMed and can print a copy as well... this is what it looks like within the Navica app...

Navica_01.thumb.jpg.453c28d16d8b1186841b6cede56b4eb7.jpg

Navica_02.thumb.jpg.23d92756dd7920da2830e5920d7dfd9b.jpg

Thanks for the screenshots. We are sailing April 30 and plan on using the Navica App. Do you initiate contact directly from the App? What is the best device recommended to use...cell phone, tablet, laptop or desktop? Also, has anyone had experience taking this test at, let's say, 3am???

7 minutes ago, SpicyCherry said:

Thanks for the screenshots. We are sailing April 30 and plan on using the Navica App. Do you initiate contact directly from the App? What is the best device recommended to use...cell phone, tablet, laptop or desktop? Also, has anyone had experience taking this test at, let's say, 3am???

If you use your cell phone, be sure to have something to prop it up with or someone to hold it for you. You can use a laptop with a camera but be sure it's a good quality camera. 

21 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If you use your cell phone, be sure to have something to prop it up with or someone to hold it for you. You can use a laptop with a camera but be sure it's a good quality camera. 

Thanks....I thought I would use our Tripod that can hold a cell. That should work right?? They only need to see the swabbing or do they also need to see where you have the test laid out on the table?

12 minutes ago, SpicyCherry said:

Thanks....I thought I would use our Tripod that can hold a cell. That should work right?? They only need to see the swabbing or do they also need to see where you have the test laid out on the table?

They wanted to see the test card laid out on the table. They didn't seem to care about the swabbing part. I actually used my laptop to prop up my phone.

They will need to see your face when the call starts.  Then you will need to hold up the unopened test box and allow them to see the expiration date.  Then you'll show your Government-issued ID (up close on the camera); and then **at their instruction** they will tell you to open the test, and you'll have to hold the test card up to the camera so they can scan the QR Code.  (Do Not Open the test until they tell you to!).  Once that's finished, they will walk you through the steps to open the swab package and swab your nose.  At that point, you will need to point the camera down so that they can see the test card sitting on a flat surface.  And the camera will stay on and they can observe the test card during the entire 15 minute wait time (even though they leave and will pass you to a different proctor to read and record your results.  When the proctor returns after the 15 minutes, they will tell you to hold the test card up to the camera so they can read/confirm the test result.  Personally, I've found it easiest to use my laptop with integrated camera and just tilt the screen up or down as needed.  I hope that helps.

10 minutes ago, EmptyNestTravels said:

They will need to see your face when the call starts.  Then you will need to hold up the unopened test box and allow them to see the expiration date.  Then you'll show your Government-issued ID (up close on the camera); and then **at their instruction** they will tell you to open the test, and you'll have to hold the test card up to the camera so they can scan the QR Code.  (Do Not Open the test until they tell you to!).  Once that's finished, they will walk you through the steps to open the swab package and swab your nose.  At that point, you will need to point the camera down so that they can see the test card sitting on a flat surface.  And the camera will stay on and they can observe the test card during the entire 15 minute wait time (even though they leave and will pass you to a different proctor to read and record your results.  When the proctor returns after the 15 minutes, they will tell you to hold the test card up to the camera so they can read/confirm the test result.  Personally, I've found it easiest to use my laptop with integrated camera and just tilt the screen up or down as needed.  I hope that helps.

From your description, the laptop may be a better option for us. This definitely helps...everyone's input has helped. I too hope the testing goes away soon, although, I am divided on the subject in some ways. The pressure of not popping positive takes all the fun out of planning, anticipating!!

1 hour ago, SpicyCherry said:

This is off-topic but can anyone tell me how you guys list your upcoming and past cruises? I can't figure it out for the life of me!!!

Click on your log-in name on top right.  Under settings choose Account Settings.  Look on left and you will see Signature as an option.  Click that and a box opens where you type in whatever you’d like.  Save it and you are done.

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Click on your log-in name on top right.  Under settings choose Account Settings.  Look on left and you will see Signature as an option.  Click that and a box opens where you type in whatever you’d like.  Save it and you are done.

Got it....Thanks!!

14 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

This is not intuitive, and it took me a while of Googling and asking another forum member the same thing recently.  I finally found the detailed answer by web searching how to set up signature block in the Invision Community (blog platform).   It's easy and makes sense once you figure out where and how to set it up.  I had been looking in my profile, and under message settings, and those were the wrong places.  Thanks @PPPJJ-GCVABfor posting here with details so other folks can do this, too..  Maybe we need an FAQ page for the forum?  

9 minutes ago, EmptyNestTravels said:

This is not intuitive, and it took me a while of Googling and asking another forum member the same thing recently.  I finally found the detailed answer by web searching how to set up signature block in the Invision Community (blog platform).   It's easy and makes sense once you figure out where and how to set it up.  I had been looking in my profile, and under message settings, and those were the wrong places.  Thanks @PPPJJ-GCVABfor posting here with details so other folks can do this, too..  Maybe we need an FAQ page for the forum?  

I did the same thing you did....I kept saying to myself "It can't be THAT difficult!" Apparently, I was not alone.

• 2 months later...

Hey all, I don't want to start another thread so I'll necro this one.  🙂 I just did the emed test and got the results fine. I have a screenshot and printed it out. However the results aren't going to the Navica app. I called and they are supposedly trying to fix it. My question is, is just the emed lab report good enough? (no QR code with it.) Thanks

8 minutes ago, DarinM said:

Hey all, I don't want to start another thread so I'll necro this one.  🙂 I just did the emed test and got the results fine. I have a screenshot and printed it out. However the results aren't going to the Navica app. I called and they are supposedly trying to fix it. My question is, is just the emed lab report good enough? (no QR code with it.) Thanks

Yes, I usually use the one that they email.  If you can print it out, I would as it will save time at check in.

27 minutes ago, DarinM said:

Same happened to me in January. I received the email but never showed in my app. My husband had both app and email. I did the same as you and called and tried to have it put in app. I worried! All was just fine. We both printed our emailed results and just showed them at check in. It was fine. They literally looked for 3 things: name, date, results. 

17 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

Same happened to me in January. I received the email but never showed in my app. My husband had both app and email. I did the same as you and called and tried to have it put in app. I worried! All was just fine. We both printed our emailed results and just showed them at check in. It was fine. They literally looked for 3 things: name, date, results. 

Cool thanks!