a few questions

2ball

1.  I should be easily be able to get a taxi/uber lyft to and from the cruise port from Fort Lauderdale airport right?  Taxies will also be waiting very early at the cruise port to take me to the airport?  no need to set that up beforehand?

2.  Are the Ships fully booked?  (Allure of the seas) On the "what port are they in" it said 6,587 people will be at cococay on allure along with 4,528 on another ship.  Are those counts correct.

3.  I want dinners with just my wife and no strangers.  How likely is that?  I know I need to contact the dining room as soon as I get on the ship and ask.  Does covid make this easier?

4. I have 3 hours to kill between the time that plane lands and the time I can check in. ( Ft Lauderdale airport/Ft Lauderdale cruise port) I hear they don't let you check in early?  Is that true?  Can I drop my luggege of early?  Is there a place to eat?  or should I eat in the airport?

5. Will people be wearing masks on the cruise?  will employees?

6. do they take temptures as part of a screening?

#1-yes, you can get rideshare (Uber/Lyft) from the cruise port to FLL and back.  We typically book as soon as we get our bags at the airport, or clear customs at the cruise port.  Taxis are another option.  

#2-most ships are not fully booked....yet.  Passenger counts are increasing each week plus you have Easter, Spring Breaks, and a new ship like Wonder to add to the mix.  We've been to CocoCay 3 times post pandemic with multiple ships in port and it's never felt overcrowded.

#3-COVID definitely made dining alone or with your companion a lot easier.   Still shouldn't be an issue to have a table just for you and your wife.  

#4-No checking in early, nothing to see or eat at the cruise port in Miami.   You can stay at the airport to get food or perhaps get a taxi/uber to take you to the outside marketplace near the Miami Heat basketball arena (think it's called American Airlines arena?) for food and shopping.   Very close to the port.  We typically have our uber driver take us to a grocery store or Walgreens to pick up 2 bottles of wine, soda and water to carry on the ship.  That's a good way to use up at least 30-45 minutes. If you are sailing from Port Everglades, I'm not sure. 

#5-Not sure when your cruise takes place.  Right now, crew is wearing masks.  Vaccinated passengers do not have to mask up except at the cruise port, and possibly at some of the port stops you might make (we had to wear them in the port area in St. Thomas).  

#6-I'm not sure about the temperature screening.  We had it done a few months ago, but not 2 weeks ago in Miami, unless they were doing it with sensors or something we didn't see.   

1. Taxis readily available.

2. Not fully but are probably running at 70 percent. Its spring break and demand is higher.

3. Once on board go to the main dining room and request a table for two. It won't be a problem. 

4. I would eat at the airport. You can drop off the luggage but you may have to wait around until check in time.

5. You have to wear a mask in the terminal only. You don't need a mask once on the ship but employees will still wear one.

6. Last week they were not taking temperatures.