Charter sailings and benefits

That's up to the chartering company.  It's presented with a cost for them to accept or decline.  

Many charter companies use drink purchases as income towards the bottom line so they may not be motivated to give away 4/5/6 drinks to D/D+/P CAS members among the other costs associated with CAS.  Sometimes they want to use the DL as a VIP venue, etc.  

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

That's up to the chartering company.  It's presented with a cost for them to accept or decline.  

Many charter companies use drink purchases as income towards the bottom line so they may not be motivated to give away 4/5/6 drinks to D/D+/P CAS members among the other costs associated with CAS.  Sometimes they want to use the DL as a VIP venue, etc.  

thanks! I guess we will see as we get closer to sail date. 

On the last two, StarTrek cruises there was no loyalty benefit whatsoever.  No special boarding, no diamond lounge, no diamond drinks etc.  I did have a drink package and I asked one of the bartenders if my card showed diamond drinks and he said no.  Normally even with the drink package, I have those five sharable 'vouchers' on the card.

The one thing I did get that I was surprised at was the 2X points in the double points promotion for cruises booked before X and taken before Y.  The staff in the MDR did know my status.  They referenced it when they introduced themselves to me the first night.  They said something like I see you are Diamond so you've cruised with us many times or something like that.