Starting to feel like pre-COVID

Patchy

Yes, I'm on Liberty now.

No masks, including ports (Cozumel,  Costa Maya, and Roatan) - only boarding and disembarking due to federal transportation mask mandate.

No social distancing at events, dance floors,  etc

You can sit at the bar again!

No reservations for shows - except Ice Show.

No checking in/out to windjammer 

It feels like Covid never existed! 

19 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Yes, I'm on Liberty now.

No masks, including ports (Cozumel,  Costa Maya, and Roatan) - only boarding and disembarking due to federal transportation mask mandate.

No social distancing at events, dance floors,  etc

You can sit at the bar again!

No reservations for shows - except Ice Show.

No checking in/out to windjammer 

It feels like Covid never existed! 

No masks in Cozumel? I thought they just recently reaffirmed masking.

On 3/17/2022 at 4:55 PM, Patchy said:

On Mariner now with about 3,000 passengers (75% of total passenger capacity but granted it’s spring break season).  There was a sail away party with dancing and we see an 80’s dance party on the schedule for later in the sailing.   Also, I’ve seen some plastic straws!!!   Great times!!!

I am going on the Mariner in May and my only concern is getting Covid onboard.  Do they test you during the week and I read if you are close contact they relocate you and quarantine you to a lower floor? How do they know you are a close contact with someone?

50 minutes ago, JanJan said:

I am going on the Mariner in May and my only concern is getting Covid onboard.  Do they test you during the week and I read if you are close contact they relocate you and quarantine you to a lower floor? How do they know you are a close contact with someone?

You have a better chance catching it on land than a ship.  No tests unless you go to the infirmary looking for one 

On 3/17/2022 at 4:55 PM, Patchy said:

On Mariner now with about 3,000 passengers (75% of total passenger capacity but granted it’s spring break season).  There was a sail away party with dancing and we see an 80’s dance party on the schedule for later in the sailing.   Also, I’ve seen some plastic straws!!!   Great times!!!

How did you know it was 75% capacity? I’m sailing Mariner on Saturday (first cruise ever!) and thought they weren’t past 50%. Now I’m worried about fighting crowds! 😕 

8 minutes ago, VAmarshbag said:

How did you know it was 75% capacity? I’m sailing Mariner on Saturday (first cruise ever!) and thought they weren’t past 50%. Now I’m worried about fighting crowds! 😕 

You can always ask at Guest Services how many people are on the ship once it's underway.  Then you just compare it to how many passengers the ship can hold.

So for my own peace of mind I just took a look at the CDC cruise line page for Royal.

6 Orange this triggers an apparent investigation 

8 Yellow this just triggers monitoring 

4 Green no issues 

These stats are just for the passenger carrying ships as of 3-21-2022.

I’m on SOS in May which will hopefully still be green 

This is all such good news.  Our last cruise was on Symphony in April of 2019 and our kids had a blast - esp at the balloon drop on the first night.  We are sailing on Symphony again in April (just a few weeks away) and hopefully they bring that back, but either way, having a full ship and good turn out at events and activities is a good sign.

On 3/17/2022 at 2:39 PM, smokeybandit said:

No masks in Cozumel? I thought they just recently reaffirmed masking.

We went to Cozumel at the height of Delta and the height of Omicron and masks were almost never required anywhere but we did go off the beaten path both times on those cruise stops. We also went to Mexico a bunch of times during covid not on cruises and it made Texas look strict with how lax things are. Right now the entire country of Mexico is in level green https://datos.covid-19.conacyt.mx/#SemaFE so what minimal restrictions they had are long gone. Masks and precautions were mostly a marketing thing in the tourists areas, we went to some places in mexico without airports and few foreign tourists and it was hit and miss, some towns you would never know covid ever happened. We went with another couple on one trip and I was the only non-hispanic who wasn't fluent in Spanish and I could see taxi drivers or waiters see me and reach for a mask only to be told by everyone else that I didn't care and then they would all laugh and put away the mask. It became obvious that it was just theater for the one gringo.