Global Entry and Clear

Returning to Port Everglades had something I had never experienced before.

You just step forward one at a time to tablet screen to line up your face in a box on the screen, it verifies you with facial recognition.

A CBP agent standing near it says, "Ok. Thank you" and that's it. DONE!

CLEAR isn't at any cruise ports that I am aware of.  

GE isn't really required or used for cruising.  With the exception of Tampa many US cruise ports use facial recognition for passport holders.  Way better than GE.  In Tampa you give a CBP agent your passport, they may or may not ask a question and away you go.  There are no GE lanes in Tampa so it doesn't do you any good there.

I just came thought Port Everglades last month and clearing customs was fast.  We smiled at the camera, and they said goodby.  Where the GE Card came in handy was at the airport.  When I was going through the TSA Precheck security, they started to pull me out for extra security check until I handed him my GE Card; then he just told me to have a good day and grabbed the people behind me that just had Precheck.

7 minutes ago, Traveling Mike said:

I just came thought Port Everglades last month and clearing customs was fast.  We smiled at the camera, and they said goodby.  Where the GE Card came in handy was at the airport.  When I was going through the TSA Precheck security, they started to pull me out for extra security check until I handed him my GE Card; then he just told me to have a good day and grabbed the people behind me that just had Precheck.

Wow !  That’s pretty slick. I don’t think it would ever occur to me to do that.  With my luck they would have taken me inside for a cavity search !