Best options for quick breakfasts on Quantum/Quantum class ships?

ChanaC

I'm booking some early morning excursions (including one at 7am) so I'm wondering what the best option for a quick breakfast is on the Quantum, or the general Quantum class ships? I know there is a room service option for continental style breakfast (at least for no fee) but I like having a little protein with breakfast, like eggs, cheese, or turkey bacon, and most of the continental stuff is bread, sweets, and fruit. We have a cabin on the 13th floor directly under the Solarium bistro, so that may be the closest option, but is that open early and does it get packed? I think I heard Sorrentos, Cafe Promenade, and Cafe 270 are open, but do they also get packed, and are there some decent options in the morning besides just pastries? I feel like the Windjammer would be busy, and the dining room would just take too long.

Solarium Bistro is a good option since your cabin is right under it. It usually opens around 7:30 I believe! And it is not ever that crowded, especially earlier in the morning.

Two70 is good too and if the cafe itself is crowded, you are in the Two70 venue which is huge so there will be somewhere to sit and eat. It's a further walk from your stateroom but an awesome place to sit in the morning and watch the ship sail through the large windows.

We would go to Windjammer the morning before (I guess that option might depend on how many days in a row you are out early) & bring back yogurt, hard boiled eggs, bread/rolls/pastry & store in plastic bags to eat in the room for the next day if we had to be out really early.  I know people say the "fridge" is really a cooler, but in an air conditioned room it keeps things cold enough for that.  Don't forget napkins, plates & silverware, and make sure you leave it somewhere your room attendant won't think it's something to be cleaned up.

I agree... The Solarium Bistro is a "mini-Windjammer" for breakfast and quiet in the early morning with some nice options (also cook to order omelets/eggs).

Cafe Two70 is great for coffee and grab-and-go stuff. They do have tables to sit at on the outskirts of Two70. I believe you can also sit anywhere in Two70. We stopped by both throughout our cruise on Odyssey last month on both port and sea days.

• 1 month later...