My time dining

parkyy2k

I recently booked a cruise and my Travel agent has said if I want to go My time dining then I have to pre pay gratuities, but my mother in law booked the exact same holiday and had no problem booking My time dining and paying gratuities onboard. Does anyone know why this is? I have questioned it.

33 minutes ago, parkyy2k said:

I recently booked a cruise and my Travel agent has said if I want to go My time dining then I have to pre pay gratuities, but my mother in law booked the exact same holiday and had no problem booking My time dining and paying gratuities onboard. Does anyone know why this is? I have questioned it.

Did your MIL use the same travel agent or book directly with Royal?  TAs can add their own rules.  For example, Royal's final payment date may be X but your TA might require you to pay them at least a week earlier since the payment goes through them not Royal.

Are you booking under the same rule system?  Your location says Manchester.  If that's Manchester in the UK and your MIL is American, you'd have different booking rules because the UK has different consumer protection laws.

That said, I think Royal use to have a rule for prepaying gratuities with MTD some years ago but I don't believe it is true anymore.  Your TA may be out of date on the rules and that might be a sign that they aren't the best TA to use for booking cruises.

51 minutes ago, parkyy2k said:

I managed to get it sorted. It seems it is a requirement for certain ships but not the one I am going on so they changed it for me. 

46AABCEB-5DE8-45A5-B066-AC5FB36DD1EE.jpeg

Is this just a UK thing?  I've heard in several cruise vlogs (Emma Cruises, for example) that the rules for gratuities, etc. are different for cruises booked in/from the UK vs. USA.