Drink Packages

Bree

I've been going back and forth with getting the Ultimate Beverage package. I know it would be useful for me, especially if drinks can be upwards of $15. I have a few questions that hopefully will help me make my decision.

- I know that it makes sense for me to buy into the drink package, but not my husband. He would only have at most one or two drinks a day. If I buy the package for just myself, what are the odds that I would be able to buy a drink for myself and then maybe get him a drink as well? For example, when lounging by the pool when we aren't both at the bar?

- Do you have to pay for soda and juice during dinners in the main dining room?

You do have to pay for soda and juice in the dining room, the one exception being that juice is complimentary at breakfast. If you're asking if the drink package can be shared, the answer is no and technically equates to stealling, but that's a decision for you to make. If you are caught, you will end up losing the package without compensation. In reality, though, a couple here and there will go unnoticed, but could end up being one of the reasons Royal increases process on the packages or changes the rules in the future if enough people do it.

Sharing your drink package is prohibited, if you get caught doing that you could have your drink package revoked without refund.  A lot of sailings do offer a 10 drink card once you are on board.  This may or may not be offered and it may or may not be offered on the first day or 2, but it's something to be on the look out for.  However when it is offered, it does allow you to pre-pay for 10 drinks at a significant discount.  A benefit of this card, is that you can share it with anyone that you want to.  The card may be a good option for your husband.

I'm not sure about the sodas at dinner, I've never ordered soda even when I had the drink package. I know you would have to pay for them if you didn't have the drink package.  I would assume it's included in the package a dinners if you have it. I always stick to water and wine at dinners.

I got a weird look from a server one time because I ordered a glass of wine in the theater with my package and when she brought it to me, I handed it right to my wife who was sitting beside me.  She had this weird look on her face then she said, "oh yea, she has the drink package too.  I remember you guys from earlier."  So I guess my point is, they seem to be at least minimally trained to be on the lookout for stuff like that (or at least she was doing her due diligence)

Hi there

I am not sure about taking a package - does anyone know if there is a price list you can download so I can work it out in advance?

thanks

Here's one from October, but I think you'll find the prices a bit higher onboard.

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/menus

I'd the link doesn't work, go to the "Menus" page link at the top of the page and scroll down to Enchantment of the Seas. There's a bar menu posted there.