Fitness classes - worth it? and questions

First off don't kill me I'm just the messenger, my wife has been on a super health kick.  I'm going to focus on 12oz curls 😜.

So we have an 8 night Allure in a few days.  I see the unlimited pass online at 69.  I go to purchase for her and 39 for me for the 3 night.  Well system glitches.  I call in to RCCS and they state its 118 for unlimited for her and 48 I think it was for me!

2 questions, how much per class if we just pay per class usually? Second, is it worth it to get a package?  Thanks,  We have 4 port days one including cococay, which we booked thrill island, and have excursions on the others.  I don't want to spend money if she ultimately doesn't use it, and 118 for one week of classes on a cruise seems excessive to me?

Thank you for your help and guidance as always!

Not sure how they got those numbers. They will add 18% gratuity to the pass price, but that still doesn't come to the same amounts RC quoted. I would just try the Cruise Planner again later.
Including the 18% gratuity, individual fitness classes are about $23. I've only done the bootcamp/trx style classes, and they were good workouts. Personally, I don't take them on port days, so I've purchased the 3-pack on a 10-night sailing, or just signed up onboard for individual classes if only doing 1-2.

I'm also curious about this from others who have tried - I've been on a cycling and yoga kick lately and I like the idea of being able to attend these classes, but I don't want to invest the money up front if they won't ultimately be useful. On the other hand, maybe paying the money up front will force me to actually go! HA! 

The classes vary in price actually. I looked into both options and it seems that it's only worth it if you know for sure that she'll be doing the expensive workout classes. I do not know which ones are more expensive than others.

My reasoning against it was that I would rather pay per class and potentially save money without the risk of being tied to a package. 

Check out a past cruise compass for class pricing and for scheduling. You may find out that the classes she's prefer conflict with other things going on!

They have a morning stretch class that is free and an abs class.  I always skip the abs! I buy the pass to get the yoga class which I love.  It is $20 a class, sea days only.  It's my favorite part of the cruise. There is a spin class included with the pass, but at 60 I spin my butt out the exit:) There is a 3rd class, can't remember.  Anyway, I found the pass cheaper than the $20 per class even though I only used a third of what it offers. After yoga, I'm high all day.  Go for it!

51 minutes ago, vjoe said:

They have a morning stretch class that is free and an abs class.  I always skip the abs! I buy the pass to get the yoga class which I love.  It is $20 a class, sea days only.  It's my favorite part of the cruise. There is a spin class included with the pass, but at 60 I spin my butt out the exit:) There is a 3rd class, can't remember.  Anyway, I found the pass cheaper than the $20 per class even though I only used a third of what it offers. After yoga, I'm high all day.  Go for it!

Thanks for this feedback!!! Might have to check out a yoga class and see if it's something I'd want to buy a pass for in the future. The spin class price is CRAZY! 

Another option, if she’s the self motivated type - I’ve found the WiFi in the gyms good enough to stream workouts. There are plenty of free weights available, and the space used for classes is often empty. I’ve had no trouble setting up my iPad and doing an Apple Fitness plus or popsugar workout on my own on sea days. 

1 hour ago, fa-li said:

Another option, if she’s the self motivated type - I’ve found the WiFi in the gyms good enough to stream workouts. There are plenty of free weights available, and the space used for classes is often empty. I’ve had no trouble setting up my iPad and doing an Apple Fitness plus or popsugar workout on my own on sea days. 

As an iFit fan, this is really good to know. I could always set something up on the treadmill or bike, too. 

On 3/16/2022 at 8:01 PM, KLA said:

Thanks for this feedback!!! Might have to check out a yoga class and see if it's something I'd want to buy a pass for in the future. The spin class price is CRAZY! 

Sorry, I confused you. I meant at age 60 the spin class was way too much exercise, I made it through the whole class once.  The price is $20 per class or included with the fitness pass which includes everything they offer.

• 1 year later...