Coco Cay - Thrill Waterpark

Sam D

Me, my wife & 8yr old son are visiting coco cay in April. We would love to buy 2 tickets to thrill waterpark for myself and my wife to take turns going down slides. My son loves water but doesn’t haven’t any interest in going down any slides. We don't feel it right to buy him a ticket just so he can be with us in the thrill side when all he would do is swim around in the pool. We have therefore decided against it and stick to the chill side, however I thought I would check if anyone knows how strict they would be on my son coming into the thrill side without a ticket on the basis he doesn’t use the slides?

1 hour ago, Sam D said:

Me, my wife & 8yr old son are visiting coco cay in April. We would love to buy 2 tickets to thrill waterpark for myself and my wife to take turns going down slides. My son loves water but doesn’t haven’t any interest in going down any slides. We don't feel it right to buy him a ticket just so he can be with us in the thrill side when all he would do is swim around in the pool. We have therefore decided against it and stick to the chill side, however I thought I would check if anyone knows how strict they would be on my son coming into the thrill side without a ticket on the basis he doesn’t use the slides?

I'm pretty sure admission is required, regardless of which amenities you use within the park. 

Your best bet is to keep an eye on the Cruise Planner and see if Thrill Waterpark tickets drop to a level you'd be comfortable paying for him. Last Black Friday, one of our party members was able to score a $40 ticket. Your mileage may vary!

2 hours ago, Sam D said:

If he doesn't like water slides , then its a pass.   there is plenty of activity available elsewhere, the beach, pool, etc... Ive been there 10 times and still have not paid.  ( I don't think I could make it to the top of the tallest slide)

2 hours ago, Sam D said:

thought I would check if anyone knows how strict they would be on my son coming into the thrill side without a ticket on the basis he doesn’t use the slides?

It's all or nothing with the waterpark pass. Doesn't matter if you ride 1 slide, 0 slides, or all the slides. Just like admission to Disney World, you gotta pay to get in, regardless of how much (or little) you do.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

It's all or nothing with the waterpark pass. Doesn't matter if you ride 1 slide, 0 slides, or all the slides. Just like admission to Disney World, you gotta pay to get in, regardless of how much (or little) you do.

As I suspected. Thanks for the quick answers. Chill day it is!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 8:15 AM, rjac said:

What? It's only 135' tall with 210 steps. I thought Canadians were tough folks. 😎

Canadians are tough folks.  They eat potato chips with Vinegar poured on them, they eat poutine, drink pints of Dow Ale and Molson beer, drive 100 KPH and eat Peameal bacon at breakfast, some eat Haggis and Spotted Dick.  Now that' tough. 

Spotted Dick Metal Sign TIN Sign 7.8X11.8 INCH

31 minutes ago, jay1021 said:

Ya, but what about that Haggis stuff.  Man, do you know what's in that stuff?  It takes big ones to put that stuff in your mouth.🤢🤢

Got to have a "heart" for haggis. Never tried it before, but I probably would if sufficiently inebriated.😳

22 minutes ago, rjac said:

Got to have a "heart" for haggis. Never tried it before, but I probably would if sufficiently inebriated.😳

I am a born Canadian (Montreal) of English decent, now American thru and thru.  I don't think there is enough alcohol to numb me enough to eat that stuff.  20 years in the U.S. Army and never had stuff like Snake, Frog, Water Buffalo, ........  I'm a USDA meat and potatoes kinda guy.  I have drank beer from a Combat Boot (used).