Through My Lens - A Live Blog with a Twist

twangster

This is going to be a twist on a cruise live blog.

I've captured thousands of pictures of ships so this time I'm pointing my camera elsewhere as I cruise.  

I'm not even sure where I'm going with this yet so be prepared for a blog with no story or time line.  I'm going to post pictures as the creative juices bring them to me. 

Posts may be frequent or not. We'll see how this goes.  I'll probably span more than one cruise and I might even dip into the photo vault once in a while.

I'll start with some pics after boarding Harmony in Port Canaveral.  I really like Port Canaveral for it's ease of access and interesting stuff beyond just the cruise terminal.

Cape Canaveral's VAB or Vehicle Assembly Building.  This building screams "Space Shuttle" but will soon say "Artemis".

HM2203-1.jpg

There are helicopter rides offered around Port Canaveral.  I've done a couple, they are fun and it's neat seeing the ship from the air. 

HM2203-2.jpg

Lots of wildlife here.  

HM2203-4.jpg

HM2203-3.jpg

Some perspective where I am taking this series of pictures from.  

HM2203-5.jpg

HM2203-6.jpg

HM2203-7.jpg

The LNG fuel ship that refills that LNG ship used by that other cruise line.  They fill the fuel barge in Savannah, GA and float it down here to resupply the ship.

HM2203-8.jpg

Perhaps one day this same fuel barge or one just like it will be servicing a Royal Caribbean ship here.

I watched a SpaceX booster rocket coming back to port from a recent launch.  It lands on a barge like this at sea and they float back to the port where it gets offloaded and hauled to the space port.  They are landing some rocket boosters back at the Cape on land, it depends on the mission and operating parameters for each launch.

HM2203-10.jpg

HM2203-9.jpg

HM2203-11.jpg

HM2203-12.jpg

HM2203-13.jpg

HM2203-14.jpg

HM2203-15.jpg

HM2203-16.jpg

HM2203-17.jpg

HM2203-18.jpg

HM2203-19.jpg

HM2203-20.jpg

HM2203-21.jpg

HM2203-22.jpg

HM2203-23.jpg

On 3/16/2022 at 12:24 PM, twangster said:

I watched a SpaceX booster rocket coming back to port from a recent launch.  It lands on a barge like this at sea and they float back to the port where it gets offloaded and hauled to the space port.  They are landing some rocket boosters back at the Cape on land, it depends on the mission and operating parameters for each launch.

HM2203-21.jpg

I still cheer when I see SpaceX land a booster on their drone ships. And I love the name of this new one!

Continuing on this moon theme, the moon also sets .  This morning there was a small gap in the clouds on the horizon as we made our way into St. Thomas.

HM2203-53.jpg

HM2203-50.jpg

HM2203-51.jpg

As we sailed into St. Thomas I watched a small plane land just before sunrise.  Little did I know at the time I had captured that small plane in the silhouette of the moon.   Look closely.

HM2203-52.jpg

Sunrise over St. Thomas.

HM2203-55.jpg

HM2203-54.jpg

HM2203-56.jpg

• 1 year later...