What was your favorite cruise moment of 2016?

Matt

My favorite moment?

When Tyna and I were on the side of the pool watching the belly-flop contest only to realize, we were in direct site of the camera..... what we didn't realize is that every time the music would start up, I'm doing the "Night At The Roxbury" move while sitting there, and of course, with many of the reruns on the TV, I got to see it over and over again......

It was embarrassingly funny because after that moment, Tyna would never let me live it down....

The other is, that moment of zen when lounging on the pool deck and realizing that you have absolutely NOTHING to worry about - this can only be achieved on a cruise.

My favorite moment?

When Tyna and I were on the side of the pool watching the belly-flop contest only to realize, we were in direct site of the camera..... what we didn't realize is that every time the music would start up, I'm doing the "Night At The Roxbury" move while sitting there, and of course, with many of the reruns on the TV, I got to see it over and over again......

It was embarrassingly funny because after that moment, Tyna would never let me live it down....

The other is, that moment of zen when lounging on the pool deck and realizing that you have absolutely NOTHING to worry about - this can only be achieved on a cruise.

So THAT was you! Smooth moves my man, smooth moves. 

I only did 2 cruises this year, unlike you ballers :)

My favorite of the 2 cruises has to be the Allure in febuary, an RCLblog group cruise. I had many great moments with many people, it's hard to pick one. But if I had to it would probably be a birthday diner with my wife at 150, I got her a nice necklace with a crown and anchor pendant, it was a great night.

Also there was getting a little tipsy with Billy during a scotch tasting lesson. And the pub crawl was fun too. Met many great people.

Didn't have the chance to get a cruise in this fall/early winter like I hoped, but definitely a highlight was booking Independence for a price I couldn't have beat in my dreams, followed by booking Empress for an even BETTER price. Plus they're coming up in just a few weeks so I'm sure I'll be ready to share a more interesting favorite moment in 2017 ;)

My wife and I spent a total of 21 nights aboard Royal last year.

My favorite event was on our Hawaiian repositioning cruise while in port at Kona. A monsoon occurred and we got soaked walking back to the tender. Everything, and I mean everything got wet. Nothing was spared, you might as well pulled us from the ocean. A total loss.

Walking in the downpour was not only fun, but it told me a lot about my wife. I didn't get any flack, I didn't hear about hair, contents of our shopping bags, clothing, what other people thought, or even to hail a taxi. I learned that even though we might be in the worst of circumstances....Boy! did I pick a good one.

I need to remind myself of this more often.

My favorite of the 2 cruises has to be the Allure in febuary, an RCLblog group cruise. I had many great moments with many people, it's hard to pick one. But if I had to it would probably be a birthday diner with my wife at 150, I got her a nice necklace with a crown and anchor pendant, it was a great night.

Also there was getting a little tipsy with Billy during a scotch tasting lesson. And the pub crawl was fun too. Met many great people.

Drinking with Billy...who knew

My blog-specific favorite was Matt's face when I showed up at Fishlips the night before everyone boarded Freedom without me.

That was pretty awesome

My favorite moment?

I agree!! That's what I anticipate the most for our April cruise. On the ship ....with absolutely NOTHING to worry about..which can only be achieved on a cruise. My favorite cruise memory this year is standing at the railing at night looking out to the dark sea and another cruise ship was parallel with us far out of course.It was all lite up and looked magical in the dark. I was so aware of the fact that only on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean, can you see such a beautiful magical sight.

I recall a periscope from MPOOLE, I believe it was somewhere around the pool bar.....Wasn't sure if he was going to be molested......live.......or by whom.......LOL the look on his face was priceless.........Wish I had a recording of that scope....it was late in the evening and obvious that everyone was "having fun".  I laughed till I almost cried as Michael tried to sign off, as another would walk up behind him and start the series all over again...If someone got a recording of that, please forward it. ;)

Really enjoy keeping up with all you guys....and...BTW....Brilliance of the Seas, MDR Service and Staff, 2nd to none.  Cindy and I honestly don't see how RCCL could do any better than our first cruise.   Here's to a GREAT New Year!

I recall a periscope from MPOOLE, I believe it was somewhere around the pool bar.....Wasn't sure if he was going to be molested......live.......or by whom.......LOL the look on his face was priceless.........Wish I had a recording of that scope....it was late in the evening and obvious that everyone was "having fun".  I laughed till I almost cried as Michael tried to sign off, as another would walk up behind him and start the series all over again...If someone got a recording of that, please forward it. ;)

Really enjoy keeping up with all you guys....and...BTW....Brilliance of the Seas, MDR Service and Staff, 2nd to none.  Cindy and I honestly don't see how RCCL could do any better than our first cruise.   Here's to a GREAT New Year!

OMG!!!  That was amazing ---- they were all "feeling no pain" --- including Michael .... That will forever be my favorite scope from Michael.....

He and his "new friends" were obviously having a good time.

Wasn't it this group cruise that has forever branded you as always being at a bar and spawned, "What is a Jerel?"

Wasn't it this group cruise that has forever branded you as always being at a bar and spawned, "What is a Jerel?"

It's the group cruise where I got a reputation (unfairly) for always being in a bar, while other bar hopping cruisers heard nothing. Maybe I was a scapegoat for men convincing their wives there is worse drinkers out there, I may be on to something here.

It's the group cruise where I got a reputation (unfairly) for always being in a bar, while other bar hopping cruisers heard nothing. Maybe I was a scapegoat for men convincing their wives there is worse drinkers out there, I may be on to something here.

I know it's a meme and doesn't truly torrent you, buy I am going to buy you a drink if we ever cruise together. I also remember you off in the distance on your balcony during Matt's scopes.

I know it's a meme and doesn't truly torrent you, buy I am going to buy you a drink if we ever cruise together. I also remember you off in the distance on your balcony during Matt's scopes.

Sharing a couple beer sounds good to me.

But yes, none of these jokes bother me. They only do it because they know I can take it. It's hard to joke around with people online, it's so easy to be misunderstood. Which is one good thing about group cruises, we get to actually meet each other.

Sharing a couple beer sounds good to me.

But yes, none of these jokes bother me. They only do it because they know I can take it. It's hard to joke around with people online, it's so easy to be misunderstood. Which is one good thing about group cruises, we get to actually meet each other.

I can vouch for Jerel being super awesome to hang with when on a cruise together.