What Time Does Online Check In Begin

3 hours ago, ckelgo said:

so we have to do another check in the day of boarding?

Check in in the app allows you to pick your check in time for the pier.

yoh can also upload pic of self, passport scan and vax card.  However you can skip that, pick your time and go back and edit to add the rest later.

the time you selected in the app to check in is the time you will be permitted to check in at the pier where they will ask to see passport (or other approved documents), set sail pass (you can print or use the app  and vax card, as well as negative Covid test results ( or now can include previous positive within 90 days of sail date with a recovery ferry).  

8 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Check in starts just after Midnight Eastern time.  I was able to check in at 12:03am for mine a few weeks ago.

This is an ymmv situation.  Because check-in actually becomes available after midnight based on the time zone of your sailing. So, since I am in Chicago and sailed from Orlando/Miami my check-in opened at a little after 11pm. But if you sail out of the UK or west coast, you might be able to check-in at 10pm or even something like 5pm.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

But if you sail out of the UK or west coast, you might be able to check-in at 10pm or even something like 5pm.

I may be able to confirm this in a week's time. Check in for my upcoming Odyssey sailing is due to open on 22 March. The ship sails from Civi, which is on central European time, an hour ahead of me on western European time and 6 hours ahead of those of you in East coast USA. So that could mean 11pm and 6pm check-in respectively. I'll try and remember to come back to the thread and let folks know. Might be helpful with the European season right around the corner.

3 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Check in in the app allows you to pick your check in time for the pier.

yoh can also upload pic of self, passport scan and vax card.  However you can skip that, pick your time and go back and edit to add the rest later.

the time you selected in the app to check in is the time you will be permitted to check in at the pier where they will ask to see passport (or other approved documents), set sail pass (you can print or use the app  and vax card, as well as negative Covid test results ( or now can include previous positive within 90 days of sail date with a recovery ferry).  

Ok yes I’ve done all of that and have my check in time as 1:30-2 that day. But wasn’t sure what everyone is referring to that opens at midnight the night before sailing.

12 hours ago, ckelgo said:

Ok yes I’ve done all of that and have my check in time as 1:30-2 that day. But wasn’t sure what everyone is referring to that opens at midnight the night before sailing.

That would be the health questionnaire and it opens up 24 hours before your cruise's scheduled sailing time.

On 3/15/2022 at 10:34 PM, Ampurp85 said:

This is an ymmv situation.  Because check-in actually becomes available after midnight based on the time zone of your sailing. So, since I am in Chicago and sailed from Orlando/Miami my check-in opened at a little after 11pm. But if you sail out of the UK or west coast, you might be able to check-in at 10pm or even something like 5pm.

On 3/15/2022 at 11:49 PM, FionaMG said:

I may be able to confirm this in a week's time. Check in for my upcoming Odyssey sailing is due to open on 22 March. The ship sails from Civi, which is on central European time, an hour ahead of me on western European time and 6 hours ahead of those of you in East coast USA. So that could mean 11pm and 6pm check-in respectively. I'll try and remember to come back to the thread and let folks know. Might be helpful with the European season right around the corner.

So, just to follow up on this, check-in did indeed open up for me between 11pm and midnight, which somewhat surprised me because although my cruise departs from Civi, the ship is currently still Stateside, so I wasn't sure if that would make a difference. 

That said, I was only able to get as far as inputting our info and not the most important bit, choosing our boarding time, because those are not yet available. I guess they must still be finalising everything since my cruise is the first cruise is the first one after the TA. Guess who's going to be obsessivel checking the app now until they open up the times? 😆

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Has it been confirmed that online check-in opens at midnight in the timezone of the ship's departure port for that sailing?

So far, that has been my experience. We are in the Eastern TZ and our Florida based cruises have opened up for check-in at midnight while our Seattle based cruise last year opened for check-in at 3am (Midnight ship's time).

3 hours ago, PJK said:

Do you recommend checking in on the app or web site ?

Is one easier than the other ?

The app is easier because you can just scan your passport and it automatically captures all of the information - no need to type it.  It's easier to submit a photo as well.  You can also just go in, pick your check-in time, and enter the other information later (in case you don't have everything at your fingertips when it opens up).

#TeamApp

4 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

This is an interesting pro / con. App vs website. With most important things so far I'm finding website more reliable. But still haven't gotten to check in. Most important thing for me is early board time. 

It’s not a boarding time.  It’s an arrival time.  When you are allowed to board depends on a myriad of factors.  If you want the fastest path to selecting arrival times, use the app. The website requires entering traveler information before you can choose a time.  The app allows you to go directly to arrival time.

10 hours ago, PJK said:

Do you recommend checking in on the app or web site ?

Is one easier than the other ?

I will use whichever grants me access first.  For a few of my cruises I got in through the website first.  Yes, it IS more work inputting info for the website check in as opposed to the app, where you can just snag a time and go back later to do passport, etc.

I’ve also found at midnight neither would work but at 1am they would.  I believe the ship was not in the EST zone when this happened, or it was a RC glitch-which wouldn’t surprise me.

11 hours ago, Pooch said:

It’s not a boarding time.  It’s an arrival time.  When you are allowed to board depends on a myriad of factors.  If you want the fastest path to selecting arrival times, use the app. The website requires entering traveler information before you can choose a time.  The app allows you to go directly to arrival time.

Could I use the app for the time and then finish the rest on website? Or am I committed to one or the other once I start the process?

• 9 months later...
On 4/1/2023 at 7:47 AM, smokeybandit said:

If you do use the app, always click on the person icon and check in with the link there. Don't use the one on the main screen as it may not work right away.

Thanks for the tip.  Also, the tip where you can enter arrival time and do the other stuff later is good advice plus needing to check in each person to get a time.  I got 10:30AM check in - which I think is pretty good.  Opened around 12:05AM EST for anyone else searching this stuff.   FL cruise port.

5 minutes ago, Maggie M said:

10:30 is a great check-in time! I didn't know they were still offering that but maybe they are at some ports?  We're going out of Tampa next month but 11am was the earliest I could get logging on at midnight exactly! 😞

It depends on the port and sometimes even differs from sailing to sailing. We had 10.30 last April on Anthem out of NJ but later in the year, out of Southampton, the earliest was 11.30.

You can keep going back into the app to see if any earlier times open up and change if they do.

2 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

It depends on the port and sometimes even differs from sailing to sailing. We had 10.30 last April on Anthem out of NJ but later in the year, out of Southampton, the earliest was 11.30.

You can keep going back into the app to see if any earlier times open up and change if they do.

Thanks @FionaMG - I'll definitely go back in and check!