Alaska's whales, glaciers and rainforest trails excursion

zjennk

We are going on the Ovation in July.  What is a really good Glacier and Whale watching excursion? We are booked for the Alaska's whales, glaciers and rainforest trails excursion. I looked at it on YouTube but I can't tell if you get time walking on the trails at the Mendenhall Glacier or it you just look at it for a distance. Has anyone done the excursion? My husband wants to see the Nugget Falls  near the Glacier and ours daughters want to whale watch.  TIA

You might want to check this out, as I think it is the right tour: https://www.stepintoalaska.com/excursions/alaskas-whales-glaciers-rainforest-trails/

We've signed up for the long hike, also led by the same company, I believe. Reading both descriptions, it seems like you see the glacier from forest trails that most people don't go on, but maybe not as close as where most of the crowds are? Just speculation.

Personally, I wanted us to have a less harried experience and see the forest as well as the glacier. I assume we will be getting close-ish to some glaciers on the ship as well (which we can enjoy from the balcony my husband insisted on) so getting close to Mendenhall was not as much of a priority.

What is your sailing? We are on Serenade May 15-22. Really excited, as it's my first trip to Alaska and first cruise! : )