wifi

2ball

You have to pay for all remaining days of the cruise. I believe you could feasibly sign up for an internet package on your third day and then you'd have it for the rest, but no, you can't only choose, say, days 2 and 3 and cancel for the rest.

I got this information from an article that is 2 years old.  I know on RCL Stream Package I can do anything I want including WiFi Calling.  Your Cell, Texts & Wifi On A Cruise: This Is What You Need To Know (familycruisecompanion.com)

You can also use wifi calling over the cruise ship’s wifi provided you sign up for the right internet package. Specifically, you’ll want one that’s sufficient to support VoIP and streaming.

The Voom Surf Voyage Package covers basic internet usage. You can text on messenger services, browse the web and send emails using high speed internet.

The VOOM Surf + Stream Voyage Package lets you message and video chat on messenger services, browse the web, send emails and post on social media, and video chat live. Plus stream your favorite videos, movies, music and shows.

11 hours ago, Lexster said:

You have to pay for all remaining days of the cruise. I believe you could feasibly sign up for an internet package on your third day and then you'd have it for the rest, but no, you can't only choose, say, days 2 and 3 and cancel for the rest.

On our last cruise this past January on Anthem we had the VOOM package but my husband had to work just one day while onboard and need a second device, he went to the VOOM desk and they sold him a one day only pass.  I don't know if that is against the rules and if the person just did him a favor but they did sell him a 1 day pass and the code only worked for that one day.  If you need internet for only one day I would say it wouldn't hurt to go to the VOOM desk onboard and make inquiries to see if they will sell you a one day pass.

You can always buy a 1-day pass but it's that or all days, nothing like a 3/5 or 5/7 package.

That being said lots of factors determine whether the Wi-Fi will be good enough for calling and meetings. I think it works better on newer ships. I had no issues on Harmony but on Freedom and Mariner it was really hit or miss. My brother had to work a few days when we were on Allure, and he had no issues. I had to work on Independence, and it was a bit spotty. 

Although Royal says surf and stream is required for wifi calling,  my wife and I tried both side by side. We were able to do exactly the same things on both packages and could not see the difference.  This was during reduced capacity sailings,  so YMMV but based on the test, there's no noticeable difference between the two packages